Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting flac with my own cue file (problems with the code HELP) (Read 3095 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting flac with my own cue file (problems with the code HELP)

Hi guys!
So, I just wanted to split my flac album into separated flac files, therefore I wrote my own .cue file for it but something crashes and it just doesn't work at all. Seriously I've read through most of the topics but still haven't found the answer to my problem. I think that my code is correct and I couldn't find the bug in it. So please help me somehow this is the code:  (But every time I insert it to Medieval Cue Splitter, this happens - see picture below)

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Ivan and The Parazol"
TITLE "All the Right Nows"
FILE "Ivan and The Parazol - All the Right Nows.flac" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Modernial"
INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "M.A.V. (It's a Fire)"
INDEX 01 03:44:00

TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Cold and Deep"
INDEX 01 07:12:00

TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Repaint"
INDEX 01 09:50:00

TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Grand Club"
INDEX 01 13:15:00

TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Hotel Andaz"
INDEX 01 16:35:00

TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Maze"
INDEX 01 19:53:00

TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Cry"
INDEX 01 24:14:00

TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Sunken Eyes"
INDEX 01 26:45:00

TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "Pioneer's Song"
INDEX 01 29:59:00

TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Hard as Gettin' the Gold out"
INDEX 01 33:22:00

TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE "The All Right Nows"
INDEX 01 36:43:00

https://s30.postimg.org/5ojkjt0u9/2017_01_05_1.png

So basically I get 4 files which can't make out even 1 Mbyte. What's wrong pls help me!

Thanks, Mili

Re: Splitting flac with my own cue file (problems with the code HELP)

Reply #1
So, I just wanted to split my flac album into separated flac files, therefore I wrote my own .cue file
Any audio editor can do that and you wouldn't need a CUE file.   (Audacity is free.)

Reply #2
Yup, I know but I want the hard way :D

Reply #3
Medieval Cue Splitter is obsolete to begin with (It can create inaccurate tracks+cue from an accurate CDimage+cue as it sometimes shifts the split points). Use Cuetools.

Edit: I tested your cue sheet on a dummy flac file with Cuetools & it splitted like a charm.