Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hilarious Sound Blaster X-Fi claim (Read 17097 times) previous topic - next topic

Hilarious Sound Blaster X-Fi claim

I was struck by how much research and testing must have gone into creating this graph. No but seriously, who falls for this kinda crap.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Reply #1
Actually yeah, thats f$@!ing funny as hell. I like the superfluous arrow on the x axis, and the ambiguous "experience" on the y. Very amusing.

Reply #2
MP3 looks a bit miffed at being squashed into the ground by the evil Xfi.
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #3
MP3 looks a bit miffed at being squashed into the ground by the evil Xfi.

PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #4
OMFG! LOL! How can they possible get away with such nonsense?? Thanks for the laughs, though.

Reply #5
I wonder how the f*ck they measured "studio quality"...

Reply #6
better than studio quality huh? So the X-Fi makes clapton sound like a better guitar player than he actually is?

I owned an Audigy 2, but i've switched to onboard sound recently... Creative has jumped the shark.

Reply #7
Yet again, I feel embarrassed for Creative.

Reply #8
I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the UK this is surely a claim that cannot be justified under the Trade Descriptions Act. This is pure marketing hype that cannot be substantiated by any factual evidence whatsoever, in fact, worse - they're blatant lies.

Reply #9
These claims have been discussed here before, and yes, its hilarious, and quite sad for Creative and the people buying the various cards believing these claims.

Reply #10
WOW!

I'll have to ditch my Envy24-based EWX2496 ... I never ever imagined that the 'Crystalizer DSP' was that good ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #11
So obviously, if you plug your X-Fi into Bose speakers, you'll hear the instruments better than the players did.

<ducks>

Reply #12
So obviously, if you plug your X-Fi into Bose speakers, you'll hear the instruments better than the players did.

<ducks>

Yup, you betcha; that's the whole plan, I guess.  Great!!

Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #13

<ducks>

No, the marketting hypes will cancel each other out.

Reply #14
That's the graph that convinced me to buy an X-Fi.

j/k

I do own one though.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #15

<ducks>

It will sound even better if you use silver interconnects, speaker wires and power cord!!   

Reply #16
There's a very significant problem with the graph!

They forgot the confidence markers. How do we know if "Studio Quality" and "X-Fi Enabled" are statistically tied or not?? VERY shoddy science.   

Reply #18
I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the UK this is surely a claim that cannot be justified under the Trade Descriptions Act. This is pure marketing hype that cannot be substantiated by any factual evidence whatsoever, in fact, worse - they're blatant lies.

I don't know about EU directives, but under English law as it used to be this isn't actionable precisely because it is meaningless; I think the legal expression is that it is "puffery." If they put some numbers on the axes, they might be making a specific claim that was falsifiable (hooray for Popper), but as it is they're no more likely to be done for this than for claiming that the sound is beyond your wildest dreams. Bullshit rules, OK?

Reply #19
the only thing missing is an "11" on the y-axis

Reply #20
Just when i thought things couldn't get any more interesting, i saw this at the bottom of the page:

Apparently, with the home theater cable, britney spears sounds like Janis Joplin.

Reply #21
Hahaha. Talking about BOSE, does anyone recall reading an article bashing BOSE, anyone bookmarked it? I cant recall if I read it here or somewhere else. The address would be appreciated, in order to convince a friend that BOSE is only marketing.

Reply #22
the only thing missing is an "11" on the y-axis

Haha 

Imagine being in the studio as your favorite artist records a new album. The sound is real and live the way it was meant to be heard.

Have these guys ever been into an actual recording studio?? 

Reply #23

There is a story about this here.

Reply #24
There is a story about this here.

All such rulings should include forcing the company to inform their customers about their mistake on websites, catalogues, etc. - i bet we would see less of such crap then.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.