Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to set foobar to ignore embedded cuesheets ? (Read 1966 times) previous topic - next topic

How to set foobar to ignore embedded cuesheets ?

Hello everyone,

i have a massive music collection for which i have created separated cuesheets. My problem is that some audio files have embedded cuesheets as well and the information interfere with my separated cuesheets.

Therefore, i would like foobar to ignore embedded cuesheets. Is there such a function or a plugin ?
If not, is there a way to massive edit the information in the embedded cuesheet ? I would like to delete all similar comments (e.g. "EAC FLAC -8") at once, without having to do for any single cuesheet.

I tried to filter the album list (in the library) by view, and then right click on the comment ->properties, and then tried "remove", "cut", "edit in place" then delete, but none works.

Cheers

p.s. i used the "rectrict to -> *.cue" function, but some undesired information from embedded cuesheets still appears.

Re: How to set foobar to ignore embedded cuesheets ?

Reply #1
If you don't want embedded cue-files. just remove them.
Please enable "edit cuesheet" in File>Preferences>Context Menu>Utilities>Edit cuesheet.
Or hold shift and select Utilities>Edit cuesheet and then de-select "enable embedded cue sheet on this file"

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply  ;)
I manage to do what you described, but i can do it only for one file at a time. It means that if i have an album with 10 seperated tracks (files) i have to do it 10x. Do you know whether it would be possible to do it for the whole album at once ? If i select the whole files,  the "edit cueshit" option does not appear.

Cheers.

Reply #3
As far as I know you can delete embedded cue sheets by deleting the tags. Mp3Tag will open all the common audio types including flac. Simply open all your flac files with Mp3Tag, highlight them all, right click and select "remove tag".

Reply #4
Wow, thank very much. You saved me a LOT of time.
It was done in 5 seconds.

I appreciate it  ;)