Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Thunderous guitar pickup brings out a guitarist's inner bass player (Read 1467 times) previous topic - next topic

Thunderous guitar pickup brings out a guitarist's inner bass player

The latest version of A Little Thunder allows a player to add a one or two octave-down bass signal to the guitar's lowest strings while simultaneously retaining the standard signals from all six strings. In short, it gives guitarists the ability to play electric guitar and bass on the same instrument at the same time

Source:
https://newatlas.com/music/little-thunder-version-2-guitar-pickup/
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Re: Thunderous guitar pickup brings out a guitarist's inner bass player

Reply #1
I don't play the electric much but I've been wondering if there's anything similar on a multieffects pedal or even an app or plugin for iPad/Windows software. I mean, there should be, right? It's kind of like the good old Harmonizer effect. I wonder why they say it's not available in pedals, which seems like the better place to put this kind of processing.

Reply #2
Yeah...  It seems kind-of crazy to "permanently" modify a guitar like that instead of using some kind of octive divide or pitch-shift plug-in.   Unless, you're one of those guys with a wall-full of guitars and you "need" another "special" one.    (I've got an old Dire Straits video concert and I think Mark Knopfler plays a different guitar for every song!)

Reply #3
From what I understand, the octave-shift "bass" pickup selectively listens to only the lowest three strings. I don't think a pedal could do that.

Reply #4
Is there anything a pedal couldn't do these days?  :)

Reply #5
Maybe someone should kickstart a multichannel pickup then.

Edit: https://www.cycfi.com/projects/nu-series/