Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Organizer (aka foo_plorg) replacement on Jscript Panel 3 (Read 54153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist Organizer (aka foo_plorg) replacement on Jscript Panel 3

Reply #325
Playlist Organizer (Jscript Panel 3)
v2.0.2
10-09-2023

Version change :
- The background image's opacity can be customizable using the following left click menu : Settings/Appearance/Colors and font/Background/Opacity%.

[attach type=thumb]27018[/attach]

Test Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Grhh4h-B8  :))

Reply #326
v2.0.3
25-09-2023

Version change :
- Added a "Theme management" functionality.
  • Create up to 10 themes from the current configuration (name have to be unique)
  • Choose a theme amongst a list and change the current configuration
  • Update a theme with the current configuration
  • Rename a theme (cannot duplicate name)
  • Delete a theme
A new file will be created in the fb.ProfilePath (next to the "pl_organizer.txt" file) to store the themes' data.

This is still beta although i did a few tests, please let me know if you find bugs.
Any feedback is welcome.

X

Reply #327
Nice update, thanks!

Reply #328
i was wondering if there's a way to make it so that if you drag and drop some MP3s (or search results or etc) to a blank space in the panel, it could create a new playlist? ideally with a name that makes sense (like detecting if there's artist/album in common and name it that if so), but I'd even accept just "new playlist".

Reply #329
v2.0.4
03-10-2023

Version change :
- Added functionality to automatically create a (regular) playlist when songs are dropped into an empty space of the panel.
The playlist will be named `New playlist` or have numbers appended if there are existing playlists with the same name.

X

Ps : I will think of a mechanism to name the new playlist, as described below, but later.

Reply #330
heck yeah!! thanks so much! this is absolutely good enough for me, renaming is trivial on my end (plus it's often unpredictable what i want for a name anyway).

Reply #331
Hello,

this looks like a very good tool. Unfortunately, I can't figure out the installation instructions. I use foobar V2 64bit. Can you please describe again exactly what to install and how?

I.e. I don`t know how to find the fb.ProfilePath + "\pl_organizer.
What is to do then?
What I have already installed because it was easy is JScript Panel V. 3.3.5

Thanks

Saitenschwinger

Reply #333
Thank you. I have of course read the thread here carefully before, but I can not figure it out, because for me there is missing information:

1. I don't have a path "C:\foobar2000\profile\pl_organizer", not even "C:\foobar2000".  Do I have to recreate that manually just like that?
2. How does foobar find this path? Foobar is located in C:\programs\foobar2000 for me. But there is no profile folder there either.
3. Where are the files inputbox.js and Main.js placed? Or do I only need the content of main.js?
4. How can i open the main.js file to copy out the content. Is it ok to use Notepad++ to do this?
5. How is the fontawesome-webfont.ttf installed? In Windows or somewhere in JavascriptPanel? In your link there is no description how to install the font, only requirements and installation of JavaScript and the download link of the font.

So an accurate and complete installation guide might help. Thanks again for the help.

Reply #334
If you had a portable install then you'd browse to wherever the foobar2000 folder is. It's probably not c:\foobar2000 for everyone.

If you have a standard install, then paste this in windows explorer address bar...

Code: [Select]
%appdata%\foobar2000-v2

This is where you need to create a folder named pl_organizer and where you should extract the files.

Reply #335
Thank You for Your reply. This already answers my questions 1-3. May I still ask about 4. and 5?

Reply #337
Thank you, it works!

How can I rename the tab of "JScript Panel 3", e.g. on "PL-Organizer"?

Reply #339
Next issue: Folders automatically duplicate in the PlayList organizer panel, see screenshot. If you remove one of them, the others stay there, but their content is emptied.

Windows 11
foobar V2.0 (x64)
JavaScript Panel 3.3.5
Colums UI 2.1.0

Reply #340
hi @Saitenschwinger ,
Can you provide a bit of context, how did that happen, can you think of something particular that may create that issue ?
You cannot create a folder with an already existing name (at least i thought),  so how these folders got created ?
thanks

Reply #341
Hi @etip,

that's a good question! I created these folders and changed their names again afterwards. What I noticed now: With these two folders there was one playlist each, whose name was identical to the folder name. This caused this undesirable behavior. In addition, the playlists whose names were identical to the folder name were no longer visible, so that sometimes you don't notice the error immediately.
I have now changed the names of the folders and now it works.

For organizational reasons, however, it would have been convenient for me to name the folders this way.

That it would be senseless to name several folders or several playlists with the same name is clear. But since we are talking about folders and not playlists, what would be wrong with making it possible to bypass this restriction?

If this is not possible from a programming point of view or if it is too complex, at least an error message would be helpful if you would rename folders that contain playlists with an identical name.

Reply #342
thanks @Saitenschwinger,
I think you're pointing out 2 bugs :
1/ renaming a folder to the name of an existing folder shouldn't not be allowed.
2/ Creating a playlist with a name of an existing folder creates a folder.

The #2 may lead to other undesirable behaviors.

I'll check into it and hopefully post a fix later today.

Reply #343
v2.0.5
15-10-2023

Version change :
- Bug fix : you cant rename a playlist or a folder to an existing name (from either a playlist or a folder).

The fact that you cant have a folder name with the same name as a playlist is not by design. I'll investigate this but at that stage, i'm not sure i'll modify it.

X

Reply #344
@etip
Hi :)

Playlist Organizer (Jscript Panel 3) v2.0.5 (2023-10-15):
Is there a problem if "scrollbar.js" is not included?

Created Playlist (Album List) → Displayed in "Playlist Manager".
There is a Playlist that is not displayed in "Playlist Organizer".
It may be because I deleted it once and created a Playlist with the same file name.
"Restore" does not restore everything.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #345
hi @Airken
My bad, i did it wrong, here is the right zip file.

X

Reply #346
Many Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #347
thanks @Saitenschwinger,
I think you're pointing out 2 bugs :
1/ renaming a folder to the name of an existing folder shouldn't not be allowed.
2/ Creating a playlist with a name of an existing folder creates a folder.

The #2 may lead to other undesirable behaviors.

Hi @etip,

thanks for your bugfix!
I think there is still a small misunderstanding.
Ad 1/: Renaming a folder to the name of an existing folder was not allowed before. There was no bug.
I have - as written - renamed folders after their creation to the name of a playlist contained in it. There was no error message but the undesired behavior. This is the bug.
Ad 2/: see 1/.

Reply #348
@Saitenschwinger
Yes, by design, having 2 folders with the same name was not allowed but the renaming function let it happen. It's now fixed.

Now as i said : "The fact that you cant have a folder name with the same name as a playlist is not by design. I'll investigate this but at that stage, i'm not sure i'll modify it."
This is however not feasible at the moment (both the create & the rename functions prevent having 2 same names).

Best

Reply #349
There are worse things in life. Thanks for this cool extension and for your help!

All the best to you