Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_mediacontrol (Read 7015 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_mediacontrol

Disclaimer: due to the media overlay API only being available since Windows 10 build 9879 this component should only be installed on machines running Windows 10 build 9879 and above.

Current version
v1.0

What does this component do?
This component allows foobar2000 to interact with the Windows 10 media controls  on the upper left of your screen.

Features
  • control foobar playback using the media overlay
  • see track information and album artwork on the media overlay

Configuration
The component disables the play/pause/play-pause/stop/prev/next media keys passthrough for the foobar2000 main window by default as it interferes with how the overlay handles these keys. You can re-enable the passthrough by navigating to 'Preferences->Tools->Windows 10 Media Controls' and checking 'Enable multimedia key passthrough'.

Downloads
GitHub
I'd love to have it added to the hydrogenaud.io components list but I have no idea how to do so.

Building & screenshots
Refer to the readme on GitHub

Re: foo_mediacontrol

Reply #1
How do I install this?
It seems a great component!

Reply #2
Download the .dll from that Releases page, drag it onto the Components page of the Preferences dialog, click Apply to restart and install it.

Reply #3
Thanks for this.

Reply #4
Thanks, I was missing this. Is there a way to customize the album art?
I'm late

Reply #6
I have Windows 10 build 16299 and it gives me an error that it's missing

Reply #7
This component is no longer needed?