Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Yamaha RX-V750 (Read 1735 times) previous topic - next topic

Yamaha RX-V750

I am currently thinking about how to decently digitise my Vinyl records. I currently have a Technics SL-3 tangential arm turntable hooked up to a Yamaha RX-V750 receiver. So I figured that I could maybe just hook up a suitable audio interface and stream everything through the receiver's optical out. However, I was not able to find out what kind of A/D converter that receiver contains, let alone if it's decent. The manual goes on and on about the 192/24 D/A converter, but never even so far as mentions the A/D converter (even though there is a glossary entry for it).

So what I wanted to ask is: does anyone know what kind of A/D converter is in these receivers, and if it would be suitable for digitising records? Or would I just have to find this out by hooking everything up and checking out what is being pushed through the optical out? And not least importantly: is such a setup for digitising Vinyl even advisable?

Thanks in advance