Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] From: Vinyl rip to mp3 (Read 1833 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] From: Vinyl rip to mp3

Hi ! I didn't mean to necro this thread but I've done some reading on your wiki page and found out about that wma pro codec. So I converted the source files to WMA Pro 24bit and 96khz and I must say I feel a nice difference to the 320kbps mp3, with just a few MBs over the mp3 size and I managed to keep the original source's attributes (well at least the 24bit and 96khz ones, the bitrate needed to get lower).

So yeah thanks again for replying here and for the helpful articles u have online

Reply #1
Hi ! I didn't mean to necro this thread but I've done some reading on your wiki page and found out about that wma pro codec. So I converted the source files to WMA Pro 24bit and 96khz and I must say I feel a nice difference to the 320kbps mp3, with just a few MBs over the mp3 size and I managed to keep the original source's attributes (well at least the 24bit and 96khz ones, the bitrate needed to get lower).

So yeah thanks again for replying here and for the helpful articles u have online

Without ABX test results, this is a violation of TOS #8.

Reply #2
I feel a nice difference

Feel, but don't hear?

Reply #3
Without ABX test results, this is a violation of TOS #8.

Wrong. I'm not trying to convince anyone about anything. Just sharing. And yes "hear" my bad. Of course it might be just me being delusional.

What I'm trying to say is - I'm glad I found a way to preserve some of the source's attributes. Nothing more.

Reply #4
I'm not trying to convince anyone about anything

So what? "All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must ... provide objective support for their claims".