Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Would you prefer the position was reset after playbac

Yes
[ 9 ] (40.9%)
No
[ 5 ] (22.7%)
Don't care
[ 8 ] (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Topic: Reset track position after finishing playlist (Read 1509 times) previous topic - next topic

Reset track position after finishing playlist

I've noticed that when I've played through a playlist and it's finished and I want to start it again, it starts at the last track, and I have to manually start it from the beginning again.

I'm new to FooBar, but this is different from functionality I know from other players (WinAmp and Quintessential).

I think if the playlist finishes (and repeat is off), it should reset to the state it was in before the playlist was played the first time. This would mean that if I start it again, it would start from the beginning.

Let me know if there's something I've missed (a different way of achieving this) or whether or not you agree (in poll).

Cheers,
    Svend.

Reply #1
I can see that people don't generally agree with me. Maybe not surprising. After all, I come straight from other applications, and you're probably more used to the way FooBar works... however, it would be cool to know why you disagree

Reply #2
Yes, I'm agree it'd be better this way. Stucking at the last track doesn't make sense, IMHO.

Re: Reset track position after finishing playlist

Reply #3
Hadn't change anythng with it? Any solution to autoswitch to the beginning of playlist after finishing it?

Reply #4
The Playlist Attributes plugin (foo_playlist_attributes) lets you set "Start playback on first track" for any or all playlists.

I can verify that it works. Sometimes it's annoying, actually, when I forget that I have that setting enabled.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #5
Glad to know that there are anyone alive. TDustMagnet, thanks for tip. will try it. But strange that such simple thing, which  in other player as default, possible achive only by plugin

Reply #6
I only just noticed today, over 10 years after my original post, that this _is_ now how the playlist behaviour is :) Thank you! :)