Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 suggestions (Read 30691 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #50
mod seeking fixed in current internal (was broken in 0.27c)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #51
I have a Microsoft Multimedia Natural keyboard, so it has these little like "pause/play, stop, forward, backward" buttons and volume control on it. I can use the keys fine under WinAMP, but they don't work under FooBar2000. If these would work under Foobar, I would most likely end up switching. Even if they didn't work "out of the box" and I had to configure them myself,  I would be happy.

Logitech also makes similiar keyboards, so you probably want them to work as well.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #52
I don't know if that was suggested previously (too lazy to read all the thread), but a total playlist time could be nice when i make my audio cd compilation playlist 

Once again nice work ZzZzZz

Soren

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #53
Peter, please, make it remember window size and postion - it would be really nice if I hadn't to set it back to my preference.
Everything else (if we remember that you don't like caps) looks OK, playback quality is excellent.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #54
Peter, please, make it remember window size and postion - it would be really nice if I hadn't to set it back to my preference.
Everything else (if we remember that you don't like caps) looks OK, playback quality is excellent.

I agree on this one. It's quite annoying this way...

There really are three things I'd like to see in Foobar2000, everything else is just fine:

* Remember window size and position
* Simple buttons for primary functions (play, pause, stop, next, open)
* 'Advanced playlist' (like explained in previous post(s) )

Keep up the good work

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #55
Is there any hope of this getting the COM treatment so I could write apps to automate it without having to use a real language?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #56
Global Hotkeys are working! Sweet! The only other functionality I could want would be a progress bar or a seek function. For those long live performaces. Most excelent.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #57

I agree on this one. It's quite annoying this way...

There really are three things I'd like to see in Foobar2000, everything else is just fine:

* Remember window size and position
* Simple buttons for primary functions (play, pause, stop, next, open)
* 'Advanced playlist' (like explained in previous post(s) )

Keep up the good work

I agree on all points. Then it will be The Über Player.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #58
I would also love an album list type display. The album list plugin for winamp is very usefull.
I sliding bar for the song position would also be nice, as well as the usual set of stop/play/pause buttons.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #59
Shoutcast support?  I dont use it much but i know thats whats keeping a few of my friends using Foobar2k all the time

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #60
No way with WMA!

Can you let zZzZzZz answer this one.    I dont think you are the author and please respect other's opinion.  We all pretty much know the format sucked, but sometimes that is the only choice you got if you choose to download some streamed songs.  And I would love to see it work on foobar.  Anyways I don't see the reason against it, unless it is pain in the ass to implement.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #61
An option for writing the output to disk would be nice.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #62
Just found foobar, Great! Already thinking to replace winamp2,  but

- any info/plans on commandline options (more/other than just filename)?

- haven't gotten global keys to work yet, any hints?

- monkey's audio .ape files are broken here in .29a (think they did work in .27)

Thanks.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #63
Haven't gotten global keys to work yet, any hints?

I've had luck with control + shift + alt combinations.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #64
control + numbers of keypad working fine here  B) 

Is there any hope of this getting the COM treatment so I could write apps to automate it without having to use a real language?

I vote for this one too 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #65
Request for modification of searching:

I really like Winamp's substring searching. I can just type the first few letters of the artist's name, a space, and a few letters from the song title, and I find what I'm looking for in the playlist in about 1 second. Plus, the search window only shows songs matching the current search string, which makes picking the right song even faster and easier.

Could you implement this kind of substring searching for foobar2000?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #66
hi peter

nice work with this player (small and fast).
My question is: can you implement something like the out_ds.dll (crossfade functionality) for winamp in this player?

thx for your work

mr. pi 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #67
The player is very nice

Is something like channel upmixing output via configurable matrix feasible (like the one found in the open source ac3 directshow filter found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ac3filter/  )?

So basicly I'd like to know if (in the far distant future) 2 ch to 5 ch output is feasible...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #68
- monkey's audio .ape files are broken here in .29a (think they did work in .27)

Download foo_ape.zip again.

edit: Only thing is that foobar crashes when you play a .ape file and press a seek key (v0.29d). It's ok in v0.29b.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #69

I really like Winamp's substring searching. I can just type the first few letters of the artist's name, a space, and a few letters from the song title, and I find what I'm looking for in the playlist in about 1 second. Plus, the search window only shows songs matching the current search string, which makes picking the right song even faster and easier.

uhm, ok, noted

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #70

uhm, ok, noted

Er, I'm sorry, upon re-reading my post it looks like I not explain myself very clearly.

What I meant was: If I type in, for example, "to eec" in Winamp's search, Winamp runs a search through its playlist in the form "*to* AND *eec*", or something of that nature, and finds the song "Tool - Ticks & Leeches".

And not only that, but while I'm typing my search string, Winamp actively filters the list of matching songs in a floating window. So if I type "beat", I get a scrolling window of just my Beatles music. "beat white" narrows the choices down to the White Album. It makes it very easy for me to see just the songs of interest, or perhaps see how to strategically narrow my search using the fewest possible keystrokes.

I'm sure you've used the Winamp search feature before, so I'm explaining it for the benefit of others, and because I'm trying to highlight the benefits of using this type of search as opposed to the type currently implemented in Foobar2000.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #71
yeah, i understood you after reading second time, had to edit myself 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #72
Any plans for adding MIDI support?  That's currently the only reason why I still have WA2 installed on my computer, as it's the only player I've found (so far) that can force a GM, GS, or XG reset before each file.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #73
Any plans for ASIO support?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #74
ASIO support: can you give a single valid reason why ASIO support would be actually useful ?

MIDI support: that would need a software synth, using MIDI hardware is not an option because it would break too many things (and yes, i do miss it, i actually have XG hardware in my main dev machine).