Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4102467 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7800
It's difficult to say what could be causing that movement; if you can work out what triggers it, or reproduce it without Panel Stack Splitter that would help determine the cause. I did note the Peakmeter Spectrum also seems to moved down one pixel in your first screenshot, though (which is odd as it's the opposite direction).

Reply #7801
It's difficult to say what could be causing that movement; if you can work out what triggers it, or reproduce it without Panel Stack Splitter that would help determine the cause. I did note the Peakmeter Spectrum also seems to moved down one pixel in your first screenshot, though (which is odd as it's the opposite direction).

I already tried to remove the Panel Stack Splitter but still failing the same.
I will follow up to see if I know when it fails.
Thanks for your help.

Reply #7802
I noticed that the column auto-sizing in the playlist view stumbles over varying run times. In this screenshot, the "hours" are cut off (it's 1:01:19, not 01:19), although there would have been more than enough space. Is there a way to fix - or, at least, improve - this?
audiophile // FLAC and Opus user // using too many audio players

Reply #7803
Auto-sizing only makes the columns scale with the width of the window; it doesn't take into account the contents of the columns.

You could go into the Columns tab in preferences, increase the width of that column and set its size weight to 0. That will make that column a bit bigger and stop it changing size when you resize the window or playlist view.

Reply #7804
Ah, awesome. Thank you. :)
audiophile // FLAC and Opus user // using too many audio players

Reply #7805
Message for music music:

This message is to tell you that I have already found the surprising reason why the upper buttons move up.

When you open Foobar and then Photoshop move the buttons.
When opening Photoshop and then foobar everything ok.

I was using Photoshop 2015. I have installed Photoshop 2022 and continues to fail the same. It fails exactly the same in 4 pcs that I have installed.

Light mode failure and also in Dark mode.

I don't know if this will make any sense to you that you are the creator of Columns UI.

In any case it is extremely rare and I suppose it will happen to a lot of users.

Reply #7806
Thanks, nice work tracking that down. I've reproduced that and Photoshop is setting the system font smoothing setting (for some unknown reason), Columns UI is diligently forwarding that to the toolbar control and it's reacting in a weird way. A similar problem appears to be mentioned here (in 2006): https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/cca3ccbb-9be2-4914-b2b4-7a5456dc5238/mfc-toolbar-button-size-corruption?forum=vcgeneral

I'll stop forwarding the message in this case to stop that happening. Thanks again for tracking that down.

Reply #7807
Hello, quick question, I am wondering if there is any means to create user-defined Menus? Has any other third-party component offered this functionality already, or could this be a feature considered for Columns UI? I have a lot of buttons in my interface and it could comfortably be more (Masstagger alone could unpack to over a dozen), it would be great to hide many of these under menus and save a little on screen real estate, as well as tidying up the appearance. Custom menu options could be very similar to the buttons panel options, just with image path options removed. Of course if this feature has already been offered by another component, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction! Thanks.