Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vinyl Tracknumber (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic

Vinyl Tracknumber

How do I tag a vinyl record to show side and track number? e.g A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3...
If I put the vinyl side in discnumber field, and the vinyl track number in tracknumber field it'll be shown as A1, B1, A2, B2...

I tried following the instructions in an older topic, but I can't seem to find where to put the strings, so that if there is a new field for vinyl side and vinyl tracknumber, it should display those instead of TRACKNUMBER

If I put both side and vinyl tracknumber in the TRACKNUMBER field, it won't show anything, as the older post states, TRACKNUMBER field expects to use a number.

Re: Vinyl Tracknumber

Reply #1
It's up to you.

But to me it's one album and I number the tracks consecutively.   Lots of CDs were originally released on vinyl and all of the tracks on the CD are simply numbered. (Usually I leave the disc number tag blank.)    When I rip a double CD I re-number the tracks from the 2nd CD. 

Re: Vinyl Tracknumber

Reply #2
Is there a way to sort those tracks according to their disc number? For example, if I have CD 1, start from track 1 for that CD, and if I have CD2, start from track 1 for that CD (1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03... Instead of 1.01, 2.01, 1.02, 2.02, 1.03. 2.03...)

Same applies to vinyl, using discnumber field for vinyl sides.