Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please help: How to hide the title preview of a song (Read 972 times) previous topic - next topic

Please help: How to hide the title preview of a song

Please see the attached image.

Title If the title exceeds the space limit, (...) is displayed on the right.
I don't care if it is marked with (...).

But when I hover the mouse cursor over Title, the full title is displayed with a white border.
It's inconvenient for me to display the full title like this, is there a way to make it invisible??

I tried to find Preferences of Foobar2000, but couldn't find a way.
Please help me

Re: Please help: How to hide the title preview of a song

Reply #1
As they are a Windows OS feature (which I believe are called tooltips), you would need to research how to disable them systemwide in your Windows OS, not foobar2000 
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #2
If the "tooltips" really bother you, you could use EsPlaylist instead. (In Layout Editing Mode, replace 'Playlist View' UI element with 'EsPlaylist'). I believe with default settings it does not show tooltips.

Of course you'd have to add / re-setup any custom columns you wanted. In EsPlaylist this is done by right-click on the column headers > Insert / Edit Column.

And you might prefer to change the default view to show the track list - right-click EsPlaylist > Options > View Style > Flat View.

Reply #4
It's not an "official" component so it's not at the regular components location, download: https://foo2k.chottu.net/foo_uie_esplaylist.zip

Install it the same way you would do any Foobar component, Preferences/Components/Install.

Reply #5
thank you.
Is it possible to increase the space between the top and bottom of the letters?

One image I attached is Esplaylist
The other one is Default.

Reply #6
^ Yes - right-click > Options > Configure > increase the 'Row Height' number.

Thank you so much!

Reply #7
Thank you so much!