Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns ui elplaylist album art grid view help (Read 452 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns ui elplaylist album art grid view help

Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone can help me to create an album art grid view using elplaylist or something similar to achieve the look in the following images. So to clarify just a grid of album art with album text below.

I have including my foobar setup with the nat king cole album as reference.

Thanks,
Joe.

Re: Columns ui elplaylist album art grid view help

Reply #1
ELplaylist can't make a grid like that. In Columns UI graphical browser can make that grid type view. I'm sure someone will comment to switch to DUI and use facets for grid view but if you want to stick to CUI then I'd say try graphical browser.

Reply #2
Ah ok , thanks for the input. I'm moving away from DUI to CUI so want to make this work. I had an old skin that had exactly what I'm trying to achieve, I think he used JS Panel or WSH Marc2003 but the same scripts don't seem to work in the current foobar build. I'll try graphical browser and get back to you.

Thanks,
Joe

Reply #3
EsPlaylist is another option.

Reply #4
Yes, EsPlaylist in Columns UI Dark Mode. EsPlaylist is old, so scrollbar is still in Light Mode.

Reply #5
^ Yes, luckily scrollbar can be switched off in EsPlaylist context menu. (Can use mouse wheel to scroll)

Library Tree (script for SMP) is another option for album art grid. Edit: Screenshot.

Reply #6
You guys are spot on, thanks. I've got the ESplaylist installed, could you walk me through how you got the album grid view?
Trying the library tree script in the mean time.

Ok just tried the Spider monkey script, looks good but my library selection as seen in this picture is a root folder with multiple folders inside yet the spider monkey panel is just showing the root folder and not the folders inside it. I cannot double click or open the root in the album art view either. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply #7
This is an image of what I have at the moment.

Reply #8
EsPlaylist:
File | Preferences | Tools | EsPlaylist | New Preset

Reply #9
Done it lads!

Thanks for your help.