Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching for a timesaver - Play Songs only partially and then play next  (Read 1239 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching for a timesaver - Play Songs only partially and then play next

Me again :-)

I'm currently listening a lot to as much music on my disk in order to tag it a bit more than it currently is. Especially I'd like to find, focus and tag the 4-5 Star Songs. As you usually quite fast know if a song is worth these tags you only need to listen to the songs until first chorus (or less when the quality is poor).

Here is my question (request).

Searching for a timesaver - Play Songs only partially (1/3, 1/2, 1/4, 3/4) and then crossfade or jump to the next song in the list by chosen Global Playback Order while skiping the ones with a Bitrate below 160/128/...

Is there already a script or a component available for that? I couldn'd find one.

It would really great and big timesaver for all who do the same.

Any ideas how to acchieve that?

Sunny greetings

Re: Searching for a timesaver - Play Songs only partially and then play next

Reply #1
Foo_preview does that.

Reply #3
You'd have to get foo_preview from the Internet Archive since the original site is dead.

And the fantastic foo_skip (Skip Track) can skip partial or entire tracks, using query syntax like (in Preferences > Tools > Skip Track) -

Code: [Select]
%bitrate% LESS 200

Reply #4
You'd have to get foo_preview from the Internet Archive since the original site is dead.

And the fantastic foo_skip (Skip Track) can skip partial or entire tracks, using query syntax like (in Preferences > Tools > Skip Track)

Code: [Select]
%bitrate% LESS 200

Thank you!

Actually I like Preview although it seems that the setting for the playtime is not recognized when you change it.

Skip Track is nice but it gives me these annoying Gaps before the crossfades