Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Network (HTTPS) errors (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic

Network (HTTPS) errors

I'm having trouble with Foobar 1.6.10 and HTTPS.

Whenerver I try to check for component updates or new Foobar versions I get a Network Exception error message saying it cannot decypher the specified data, also happens when I try to use foo_discogs.
I downloaded and installed 1.6.5 portable to check whether it was a 1.6.10 thing but the issue is till there though the message changes to "Could not check for updates: Network authentication error (80090330)"

I'm using Windows 10 Pro (x64) fully updated to the latest 21H2 + all KBs and have checked TLS 1.2 is enabled at every single level (OS, browser & .NET) and also have 1.3 working. All else is disabled (TLS 1.1, 1.0, etc.).
All other apps are working fine (MP3Tag & CUECorrector) and have no problem registering to and connecting to Discogs which makes me think this is a Foobar only issue. I'm not using any Proxy. I tried uninstalling the antivirus +disabling WIndows FW & Defender but it did not help. Any ideas?

TIA!

Re: Network (HTTPS) errors

Reply #1
Found the cause.
I had added  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.3\Client  keys and configured them as DisablebyDefault == 0x0 and Enabled == 0x1 and this caused the connection to rst after negotiating the TLS 1.3 cipher with the server. Changed Enabled to 0 and problem is gone, it looks W10 doesn't have a fully working TLS 1.3