Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easy way to split splitter into two splitters? (Read 1310 times) previous topic - next topic

Easy way to split splitter into two splitters?

I currently have a single splitter spanning the horizontal length of my theme; I would like to change that into 2 splitters shown by the red boxes in attached image - is there an easy way to do that or do I need to rebuild completely? thx

Re: Easy way to split splitter into two splitters?

Reply #1
You can create multiple scratchboxes for UI elements (View/Layout/Create Scratchbox) and when you right click on a UI element in layout editing mode there's copy and paste options, so you could copy and paste what you need to into scratchboxes and shuffle things around that way.

Reply #2
So after playing around with this it appears facets cannot span over a splitter? My goal is to have albums & tracks on their own side of splitter so I can enlarge and see most of the albums but it seems when I click artist on the 'left' of the splitter the albums on the 'right' of the splitter doesn't filter down like it would without a splitter...like they don't know about each other being on opposite sides of splitter.

Reply #3
So after playing around with this it appears facets cannot span over a splitter?

Correct. For facets panes to be linked, they must be part of a single facets instance.

Reply #4
Unless you duplicate it more than once in a layout, no component will span a splitter (and defeats the purpose of facets drill down). You could put a separate 'selection playlist' on the opposite side of the splitter you have facets on, so that after you clicked either all 3 or a specific album from the Clockhammer artist drilldown, the details (columns) you opt to display will show.

The status bar in your OP image implies you could also pick up a lot of layout real estate if you custom tweaked your foobar window status bar, scrapped the text display and changed the status bar font to a large, bold, capital-letter font only
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1