Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 60155 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #50
Did it wrong. Follow the instructions on the repo or the txt file.
Copy all files from the zip into YOUR_FOOBAR_PROFILE_PATH\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts
Copy all files from the zip into YOUR_FOOBAR_PROFILE_PATH\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts
Any other path WILL NOT work without editing the scripts. (see images\_Installation_*jpg) (*)
For ex: mine is          c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
For portable installations >= 1.6: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
For portable installations <= 1.5: .\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
Multiple scripts may share some files (specially helpers) so overwrite if asked to do so.
Then load any script into a SMP panel within foobar. See info for usage.

All files are meant to reside within xxx-scripts folder, not on a subfolder there.
X

EDIT: Hope it's clear now, will add this image on next releases.

Reply #51
hmm, i received the same error

i tried both locations:
For portable installations >= 1.6: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...

is there a special version of Spider Monkey Panel I should be using?

Reply #52
hmm, i received the same error

i tried both locations:

is there a special version of Spider Monkey Panel I should be using?

nvm, it's working now

i had to explicitly right click the panel and click reload for it to work after i changed the location of the files

thank you for the help

Reply #53
Last update until September. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
### Added
- Pools: added new property to pools named 'insertMethod' which may be assigned a value. 'standard' or 'intercalate' methods are currently allowed. Standard works as previous behavior, where items from sources are added to the end of the previous sources (before final sorting), therefore the list being source 1 tracks then Source 2 tracks then... Intercalate method inserts items from each source intercalating them (Source 1 Track 1, Source 2 Track 2, Source 3 Track 3, Source 1 Track 2, ...). Note intercalate method is meant to be used without final sorting, otherwise it would be overridden. This may be used to alternately play one song from a set of playlists (instead of using foo_scheduler which has some problems for that specific use-case) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121432.msg1002053;topicseen#new.
- Pools: added new default pool preset 'Top tracks mix (intercalate)' to the default list (may need to restore defaults on the menus to enable it). It's equivalent to the 'Top tracks mix' default pool but intercalating the tracks by rate instead of using a final random sorting.
- Presets: added new presets for the new 'insertMethod' pools' feature. See 'presets\Playlist Tools\pools\intercalate_playlists.json'.

New pools method preview:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Currently 'insertMethod' can only be set editing/creating presets (and then loading it). Not using the 'Custom pool' menu entry, (since I have not created input popups for it).

(*) The new default preset will only appear after restoring defaults (Pools\Remove entry from list...‍‌‍​​\Restore defaults or Configuration\Reset all configuration... ) on previous installations. Export user presets if needed to create a backup.

Reply #54
I'm getting this error, but I'm pretty sure I have the path right, any tips?

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3 ({B78E8E83-4E10-4B0D-BD92-E740CB69E8F3})
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: helpers\buttons_xxx.js

File: <main>
Line: 13, Column: 58

Stack trace:
  @<main>:13:58

My path is: C:\Users\______\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts

Reply #55
Some users are experiencing errors related to an SMP bug when including files. The file is there but SMP does not find it as you noted.
Are you using 1.5.2?
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=116669.msg1001720#msg1001720

Try with it, if you still have errors report it at that thread. I have no clue what's going on since the same scripts work fine for some people and me on multiple PCs.

Reply #56
I'm using 1.5.2, but no worries, I've found what I was looking to do via Find & Play at this point. Thanks!

Reply #57
I'm using 1.5.2, but no worries, I've found what I was looking to do via Find & Play at this point. Thanks!
Totally different aims, great it works for you though.

Minor update to improve usability of search by distance customizable button: switches to only output acoustic, instrumental or female vocal tracks (+ the recipe or whatever you configuration is to find similar tracks). Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
### Added
- Search by distance: added new presets for Search by Distance customizable button. Added Acoustic, Instrumental and Female Vocal versions for 'Similar tracks (G)' recipe which forces only acoustic, instrumental or female vocal tracks as output. Style, genre and Picard tags (acousticness, speechiness, gender) -see below- are taken into consideration.
- Search by distance: added a submenu on customizable button to set additional query filters (along the forced query): Acoustic, Instrumental and Female Vocal tracks. They can work in conjunction with any recipe as long as the recipe does not force a query too.

Reply #58
Just pushed a new update. Please read the new installation instructions. Added async processing for check tags and async support for macros. This update is required if you also update any of my other scripts due to the UTF-8 file saving/reading changes. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
### CHANGED
- Check tags: can now be set to be executed asynchronously, on the background, having a minimum impact on UI responsiveness. This is now the default behavior. Code has also been optimized, requiring now x0.96 the previous time (on synchronous mode). In async mode it takes x1.35 the previous time, a bit more but without blocking the UI. (tests done with 75.6K tracks)
- Check tags: when comparing tag values between different tags (genre -> style) to find possible errors, instead of comparing all tags with all other tags, only related groups are used (faster and more useful): [genre,style], [composer, involvedpeople, artist], etc. Configurable at properties panel.
- Macros: Are executed on synchronous mode by default (previous behavior but enforced now even for async tools).
- Macros: Possibility to set async mode on recorded macros (via popups), to execute all possible entries asynchronously (the list of async tools can be found on 'Configuration\Asynchronous processing'. Those tools will be executed on the set mode independently of the global configuration. If you want to selectively set entries in async mode, just create single macros for them and call those with another macro: Global macro -> Macro 1 (async), Macro 2 (sync), Macro 3 (sync)
- All json files are now saved as UTF-8 without BOM. All json files are now read as UTF-8 (forced).
- Updated installation instructions.
### FIXED
- Pools: Playlist files from Playlist-Manager-SMP were not being read properly due to a typo on path detection.
- Import track list: prefixes not being stripped properly.
- Macros: Typo on one of the entries of the 'Test tools' macro (so it was not being skipped instead of executed).
- Macros: Crash when trying to save a macro with duplicated name.

Reset Macros entries to get the new async versions! -> 'Macros\Remove entry from list...‎‌‎​​\Restore defaults'

Reply #59
Just pushed a new update. Added async processing to search by distance, and a new set of tools for playlist manipulation (merge, intersection, difference). Also updated lock status checks with new SMP functionality, so tools are available according to the allowed actions instead of just being disabled if a playlist is locked.This update is required if you also update any of my other scripts due to the UTF-8 file saving/reading changes. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Search by Distance: Checks graph links cache size on startup and warns when file size > 40 Mb. This is done to avoid memory leaks, since the file is fully loaded on memory and a corrupted file may increase the map size indefinitely until crashing the panel.
   - Search by Distance: Customizable button now has all additional menu entries found at Playlist Tools button: debug graph, find genre/styles not on graph, reset cache, etc. i.e. both now should offer the same degree of customization and advanced tools.
   - Playlist manipulation: Merge, intersect and compute difference between playlists. New tools to join the tracks from 2 playlists (without duplicates), make an intersection of both or the difference. Overwrites currently selected playlist.
   ### Changed
   - Search by Distance: Graph links cache is now calculated asynchronously whenever it's required (on first initialization or when manually forced to do so, thus improving the startup time the first time the panel it's loaded and not blocking the UI on posterior updates.
   - Script requires at minimum SMP 1.5.2. now.
   - All tool entries now have specific lock status checks according to their functionality (adding items, reordering, etc.) instead of checking if playlist is globally locked. Therefore some entries may now work on locked playlist, as long as the action to be performed is allowed.
   - Macros: Macros set to be executed async have a flag on the menu entry to warn about it.
   ### Fixed
   - Pools: output playlist was not being checked for locked status properly.
   - Playlist manipulation: 'Go to/close playlist' entries were greyed out when current playlist had no items; they should have only been disabled when there were no playlists.

Reply #60
Just pushed a new update. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
- Buttons: buttons' text color can now be customized via menus on the bar menu (Shift + L. Click on the bar).

Reply #61
Just pushed a new update. A few bugfixes, great optimization of remove duplicates and improvements at import track list. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Other tools\Import track list: added stackable conditions to check against the results, the tracks which satisfy more of them (by order) will be preferred. i.e. Tracks with rating > 3 + Not live. A track satisfying both conditions would be preferred to those satisfying only the first one. Note order is important, so the second filter is not checked for a track when the first one has not been passed. In case tracks don't satisfy any of them, then all will be eligible (so filters are not a requisite only a preference). Filters may be configured on the tool sub-menu.
   ### Changed
   - Remove duplicates: optimized the code, now runs at least x2 times faster. Updated all instances where the functions were being used to call the new version (playlist revive, search by distance, queries, etc).
   - Buttons: toolbar configuration menu now is opened with R. Click (instead of Shift + L. Click on empty space). This is done to allow opening the menu anywhere even when the bar has no empty space left anymore.
   - Buttons: colors are changed without reloading the panel.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed

- Other tools\Playlist Revive: tracks with commas (',') on title were not being recognized as intended due to tag splitting as soon as that char was found, now fixed. There may be other instances/tools where a tag value has a comma but is not supposed to be 2 different values, although they require to be treated on a case by case basis so the default behavior has been left untouched. Rationale: title format already list tag values separated by comma; replacing that behavior would require to edit all tags within TF scripts like this %artist% -> $meta_sep(artist,###). It would also affect user configurable tags and remapping within scripts and become a nightmare to cover all possible use-cases.
   - Other tools\Import track list: fixed incorrect query creation for values with special chars (%, $, [, ], or '). Now are handled as intended by being enclosed with quotes first. For ex. Anthony's Games as artist translates into Anthony''s Games for the queries.

Reply #62
Just pushed a new update. Some changes on Import track list and check tags. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

### Added
   - Other tools\Import track list: added additional checks for prefixes, multi-value tags, commas and parentheses. It should now find more matches, for ex. when the file's title is missing a comma contrary to the track's title on library (paint it black -> paint it, black) and vice-versa.
   - Other tools\Import track list: reworked the mask matching; it should be more effective now, allowing even reading complex files like m3u playlists.
   - Other tools\Import track list: added multiple predefined presets which can be loaded by number instead of writing a manual mask.
   ### Changed
   - Other tools\Import track list: improved code-page detection.
   - Other tools\Check library tags: tags exclusions are now saved into a file instead of properties panel ('check_library_tags_exclusion.json') in an human readable format to easily edit them instead of using the input menu. Input menu can still be used though. Note this is also a workaround to really long strings on input boxes not being shown properly (SMP limitation).
   - Helpers: reworked code-page detection when reading text files to patch some of the limitations of SMP code-page heuristics.
   - Properties: added extensive checks to most properties (specially to check json strings).

The last changes at 'import track list' tool allow to find matches on library from an m3u playlist. There is even a preset for that ready to be used on those files (it also works on playlist created by Playlist-Manager-SMP).

The point is simple: playlists may be shared between multiple library/users and the paths are totally ignored for that, relying just on items which have the same tags set on the mask. There is even a playlist format based on that idea named XSPF: https://github.com/Chocobo1/foo_xspf_1/ (*)

(*)  XSPF support will be added on next releases of Playlist-Manager-SMP (so it can replace the component too), but the ability to apply the same concept on any plain text playlist file has more utilities than only available within an specific format.

Reply #63
Just pushed a new update. Improvements and bugfix on Search by distance. Permanent console log to bypass foobar limitation of 'saving log to file' getting reset on every startup. obviously limited to the script output. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.
   ### Added
   - Helpers: added full script console logging to file at foobar profile folder ('console.log'). File is reset when reaching 5 MB. Logging is also sent to foobar2000's console (along other components logging).
   ### Changed
   - Search by Distance: cache now gets refreshed not only when the descriptors change ('music_graph_descriptors_xxx.js' & 'music_graph_descriptors_xxx_user.js') but also when the 2 functions used to calculate the paths or the own graph constructor change and the influences method. Even if changing those functions is not planned, it ensures the cache reflects the actual state of the graph in any case. In particular, the 'influences bugfix' would have required a manual cache reset by the user without this change which now will be performed automatically. The properties panel now tracks the CRC32 of those 6 items as merged strings (instead of only the first 2).
   - Search by Distance: Added 4 methods top check influences: 'fullPath', 'adjacentNodes', 'zeroNodes' and 'direct'. 'direct' is the previous behavior ("bugged") checking only the fist against the last node. 'zeroNodes' the fix listed bellow. 'adjacentNodes' works like zeroNodes but without forcing the adjacent nodes to be substitutions (checks (A,B) against (Y,Z), i.e. max. 4 possible links). 'fullPath' checks all consecutive links on the path (A->B), (B->C), ...) and also applies 'adjacentNodes' logic (to check the origin and final nodes). 'adjacentNodes' is now the default behavior.
   - Descriptors: Added a few anti-influences.
   ### Removed
   ### Fixed
   - Search by Distance: influences were not being correctly parsed when the original or the final node was a substitution (zero weight). Now adjacent nodes which may be substitutions are also checked at both sides, for ex for this path: Hip-Hop <- Rap_supergenre <- Rap_cluster <- Rythm Music_supercluster <- Blue_Note_cluster <- Blues_supergenre <- Blues. Where Hip-Hop is a substitution for Rap_supergenre,  Rap_supergenre is checked against Blues_supergenre and/or Blues for (anti)influences. Note it doesn't check for links at Hip-Hop since the influences link are always added to the generic items by design (in this case Rap_supergenre_supergenre), so there is max. 1 possible link. (note this may be overridden by the default behavior listed at top)

Reply #64
Just pushed a new update. Fixed missing file on the previous update.. Clone the repository to get the latest changes (Code/Download zip) instead of using the releases page.

Reply #65
Hey regor,
I've tried installing it natively and portable but the paths never seem to work.
I've always use portable but right now i'm also trying it normally just to get this to work.
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts...
For portable installations >= 1.6: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts...
https://imgur.com/a/VbM62R2
besides these I've also used these path although knowing this should be wrong.
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\...
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\Playlist-Tools-SMP-main\
For portable installations >= 1.6: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\...
For portable installations >= 1.6: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\Playlist-Tools-SMP-main\

As you can see I've really tried to get it to work but it just doesn't for me,
I use foobar 1.6.7 and also tried the new one 1.6.8
for SMP i've 1.5.2.

Main errors I get is Path does not point to a valid file: helpers\buttons_xxx.js.
But as far as I can see I've tried the right path plus 3 addional paths for either native and protable, so if you got any suggestion I would love to hear it.
I also looked through the comments of other people to see how they solved it, but for me that didn't work.

Really hoping to get it to work because of what I can see it looks absolutely amazing!

Reply #66
First, hope you are downloading the latest files directly from the repo instead of using the release page. See previous reply.
Then the installation instructions are pretty clear, there are even screenshots on the download. There is no need for subfolders, just copy all to 'xxx-scripts', and it seems that's what you did (except the 3rd image, check it again, it's wrong).
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\... [all here]
or
MY PORTABLE FOOBAR\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\... [all here] (portable 1.6)
X

Then if you still have errors.... that may be the bug at SMP with relative paths. It keeps saying files are missing even when they are clearly there! Please report it at the SMP thread, I'm really tired of it...
Then use '_switchPaths.zip' to "fix" it, it will edit every *.js file and change paths to absolute paths. Which is only a workaround.

Reply #67
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.1
Online controller integration, QOL and stability improvements
Considered a beta due to a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
REQUIRES SMP 1.5.2.

Full script console logging to file at foobar profile folder ('console.log'). Meant to be used along http control on server.
    New tools for playlist manipulation: intersect, merge, difference, ...
    New methods for pools: Intercalate. New preset 'Top tracks mix (intercalate)' as example.
    New tools for selection manipulation: Move selection, Expand, Jump, Scatter by tags and here, Select next tracks, Invert selection.
    New tool to import track list: Reads a txt file containing a track list and finds matches, if possible, on library.
    New buttons for macros.
    New buttons to directly assign any Playlist Tools entry or submenu to its own button. (this one is a big QOL change)
    Reworked UI, colors for buttons and bar can be customized. Reworked menus order and presentation.
    Allows other scripts Integration via SMP Main menu: the nine Spider Monkey Panel menu entries ('File\Spider Monkey Panel') are now directly configurable within playlist tools menu.
    Online controllers integration: see also ajquery-SMP. When Playlist Tools is installed on a foobar server (foo_http_control), menu entries, output devices and DSP list will be available on the online controller to be executed or changed them on demand.
    Better tag remapping: Key, BPM can be remapped globally. There is a menu to directly remap tags.
    Harmonic Mixing: now works with Open Keys too (in addition to Camelot Keys and standard notation keys).
    Expanded logging options.
    Improved Search by Distance: caching and calculations for influences. Distance tests. Buttons customization, exposing now all the available variables via menus. Also adding the tools found only -previously- at the Playlist Tools button. New presets.
    Added scripts for Picard to retrieve high level tags (gender, valence, danceability, speechiness, ...) from AcousticBrainz high level data.
    Greatly optimized the code at multiple parts (faster processing): duplicate removing (minimum x2 times faster), pool picking methods, macros, etc. Other parts of code have been reworked to work asynchronously.
    Every tool now checks for fine-grained lock status on playlist (moving, removing, etc.), instead of using the global locked / not locked. So it will work consistently with external plugins that allow to block only specific actions on playlists.
    Multiple important bug fixes. (specially for Search by Distance)

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Reply #68
I haven't had a chance to try out the script yet so this is more of an aesthetic problem, but when I open the buttons in a SMP they're extremely small. Like to the point where they're illegible.

I have a 4k screen on my laptop so this happens with UIs pretty frequently, but I can't tell if it's that or something else. The image is CUI but it happens on both.

Reply #69
I haven't had a chance to try out the script yet so this is more of an aesthetic problem, but when I open the buttons in a SMP they're extremely small. Like to the point where they're illegible.

I have a 4k screen on my laptop so this happens with UIs pretty frequently, but I can't tell if it's that or something else. The image is CUI but it happens on both.
The buttons and font have a fixed size, I suppose that's your problem. They work fine on my side in multiple screens although I don't use a 4k screen.

I can add a config to set the buttons size (+ font), so everyone can tweak it to their liking.  I could also change the scale according to DPI, not sure if that's your problem. Could you make some tests if I send you a few files?

Reply #70
The buttons and font have a fixed size, I suppose that's your problem. They work fine on my side in multiple screens although I don't use a 4k screen.

I can add a config to set the buttons size (+ font), so everyone can tweak it to their liking.  I could also change the scale according to DPI, not sure if that's your problem. Could you make some tests if I send you a few files?

If it works fine on your end it's almost certainly my resolution. I had to switch to foobar because the first music player I tried had the same problem with the entire interface. I'd definitely be willing to test out the files for you.

Reply #71
Check your PM. Added a default scale associated to DPI. I don't really find the DPI check working in all cases anyway, because it works fine in my Win 7 system but in another PC with Win 10 and DPI 120, the buttons get bigger than they should be at some resolutions.

So I have also added a scale option at the bar menu and a warning popup if the script finds the buttons are bigger than the panel height. That should cover all use cases. (if it works fine for you, I will port the same changes to Playlist Manager buttons).

EDIT: there are also additional changes to button placement, like orientation being configurable, buttons can be moved using drag n drop, etc. which were meant for the next update. You can also play with that.

Reply #72
….i‘m tryin to use the Playlist Manager, But i‘m failing in a very early Stage….

I have the Monkey Panel component installed, but the only reference that it‘s installed is an entry in the help menu.
Anyway then next step is

…..copy the Playlist  Manager data Into the scripts folderr er But my Foobar2000 on two Win10 Instances both do Not have a scripts  folder…

So i‘m a Little lost…

Can someone help?

Reply #73
….i‘m tryin to use the Playlist Manager, But i‘m failing in a very early Stage….

I have the Monkey Panel component installed, but the only reference that it‘s installed is an entry in the help menu.
Anyway then next step is

…..copy the Playlist  Manager data Into the scripts folderr er But my Foobar2000 on two Win10 Instances both do Not have a scripts  folder…

So i‘m a Little lost…

Can someone help?

There is no such folder by default, you have to create it by yourself, along any subfolder required following my install instructions. I thought that was obvious, but I have added a note about it in the installation notes to make it clear now ;)

The other question is not related to my scripts but how to use spider Monkey panel as far as I have understand. You have to add a SMP panel to the layout (it's supposed you have to know how to edit the layout and add custom panels). Once there  is a blank panel, and you have put all files in the proper place, then you can right click in the blank SMP panel and point it to load the .js file.
For ex:

It's not really my work, but have noticed there is not a SMP installation guide for newbies. I could add a step by step guide in the pdf which covers the part of adding a script to a panel which I have not found anywhere.

Reply #74
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.3

v3.0.0-beta.3 - Buttons framework rewritten, bugfixes, QOL changes and Search by Distance update Latest

There may be a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Search by distance: Updated to match 2.1.0 release with tons of improvements.
    Other Tools\Write tags: added LRA calculation (Loudness Range) via ffmpeg. ffmpeg executable must be downloaded and put into 'helpers-external\ffmpeg'.
    Harmonic Mixing: new option to perform a double pass on harmonic mixing which increases the number of tracks selected for the final mix.
    Dynamic queries: new option at configuration to allow evaluation of dynamic queries on multiple selected tracks, instead of only the focused item.
    Multiple minor changes to menu entries, tooltips and console logging.
    Improved UNIX compatibility.
    Fully reworked buttons framework: configurable scale, orientation, buttons position can be changed with drag n drop, reflow of columns/rows, etc.
    Fixed multiple crashes.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md