Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 7795 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #75
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.4
v3.0.0-beta.4 -Hotfix
There may be a SMP's bug on installation. See _TIPS and INSTALLATION.txt
PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Fixed crash when using harmonic mixing due to a typo on the code.

See v3.0.0-beta.3 release info: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.3

Reply #76
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.6

v3.0.0-beta.6 - Bugfixes and new Pools method Latest

PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG (<3.0.0) WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Pools: added new classic pools presets based on TF grouping (like foo_random_pools). Restore defaults to load them. It can also be used along (dynamic) query filtering; for ex: a pool with 2 tracks by 50 different artists which also match the genre of the currently selected track. See also 'presets\Playlist Tools\pools\classic_pool_*.json' for more examples.
    Other tools\Write Tags: tagging is done in smaller groups of tracks, so in case something goes wrong, it would be easier to re-tag missing files and less time would have been lost.
    Fixed errors on Dynamic queries, Advanced sort (dyngenre) and Import track list with special chars.
    Fixed crash on Search similar by... when pool of selected tracks was empty.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Previous changes -there are some really important- (v3.0.0-beta.5):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #77
Much appreciation for this craft regor the options and possibilites are remarkable!

I do have some question if I may,
I'm using the playlist tool to write tags like chromaprint, MD5, replaygain, and would like to uncheck replaygain but everything is greyed out.

Using the write tags tool upon the progression on fingerprinting I get the window, Warning: Unresponsive script, Continue or Stop script.
Panel: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar
Script: 9442a60cd99bfec55e362636caa52d3d: 253
Pressing continue it does another ~10-20% until it is finished, but would like to know if i could do it different to speed up the progress for my whole library.
Also a few tracks do fail to get a fingerprint and I cannot make it work for these file.

Is it possible to combine Playlist-Tools-SMP & Playlist-Manager-SMP?
individual they work great, and have tried combining the folders and skipped the already existing files only I coudn't get it to work.

Thank you a lot for these great components it's absolutely amazing to be able to use these features!

Reply #78
I do have some question if I may,
I'm using the playlist tool to write tags like chromaprint, MD5, replaygain, and would like to uncheck replaygain but everything is greyed out.
You must be using and old version, there was no way to enable/disable things in previous versions, it was just informative. Update it ;)

Using the write tags tool upon the progression on fingerprinting I get the window, Warning: Unresponsive script, Continue or Stop script.
That's a SMP thing. Check the wiki:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Known-problems-or-limitations

Pressing continue it does another ~10-20% until it is finished, but would like to know if i could do it different to speed up the progress for my whole library.
Not sure I understand your question. Once you "disable" the warning popup, there is nothing more to do. It takes a lot of time as soon as you add tags to many files

Also a few tracks do fail to get a fingerprint and I cannot make it work for these file.
There are some cases like that... and nothing can be done. As you can imagine, that's something on Chromaprint side (for tagging, I only coded the wrapper for foobar)... so if you have tracks failing you may either retry or report the bug to them.

Is it possible to combine Playlist-Tools-SMP & Playlist-Manager-SMP?
individual they work great, and have tried combining the folders and skipped the already existing files only I coudn't get it to work.

Thank you a lot for these great components it's absolutely amazing to be able to use these features!
They are supposed to work as is without any problems. I have all my scripts installed at the same time, obviously, without glitches... Have you downloaded latest versions? You can not match different versions, that's why I always update all scripts the same days.

Let me know if it works for you fine after updating.

Reply #79
You must be using and old version, there was no way to enable/disable things in previous versions, it was just informative. Update it ;)
They are supposed to work as is without any problems. I have all my scripts installed at the same time, obviously, without glitches... Have you downloaded latest versions? You can not match different versions, that's why I always update all scripts the same days.
Updating it to all the newest version actually solved all the problems, The reason I didn't go for them in the first place is because there was the word beta in it. When combining the folders with these versions seem to work great, I haven't fully tested it yet but so far it seems to work out just fine.

That's a SMP thing. Check the wiki:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Known-problems-or-limitationsscript.
I did still get the message Warning: unresponsive script, before when i "checked" Don't ask my again and contiunued smp would crash. but with the newest version it's solved and it will continue and works perfectly.

There are some cases like that... and nothing can be done. As you can imagine, that's something on Chromaprint side (for tagging, I only coded the wrapper for foobar)... so if you have tracks failing you may either retry or report the bug to them.
Unacceptable how dare they to tarnish your perfect craft! Well in that case I might take a look around to see the what the options are, it's also just a few songs so it isn't too big of a deal.

Let me know if it works for you fine after updating.
So far it all looks to work brilliantly and I'm really forward on keep on using it, there are still so many things to try out which also still need to figured out how to use all these functions and if I really can't get something to work I might come and ask some around again :)

If you were to bring out another version of these 2 components what would be the proper way to update it, Preferably I would not replace it because it would lose the information it would already hold.

Reply #80
Updating it to all the newest version actually solved all the problems, The reason I didn't go for them in the first place is because there was the word beta in it. When combining the folders with these versions seem to work great, I haven't fully tested it yet but so far it seems to work out just fine.

The beta versions are actually perfectly fine (I mean, if there is a breaking bug I would fix it as soon as it's found), I call them beta due to a bug on SMP in fact XD I think that's stated in the release page. The bug is present in any version of my scripts because it's a SMP bug, I just warn about it now (that's the only difference) because some people had problems.

I did still get the message Warning: unresponsive script, before when i "checked" Don't ask my again and contiunued smp would crash. but with the newest version it's solved and it will continue and works perfectly.
If you press cancel, it crashes because you stopped it ;) That's intended behavior, feel free to ask in the SMP thread about it if you find it non-intuitive. As said, it will always appear on subsequent restarts unless you configure it to a higher time. Since it usually only happens when tagging, I find it ok to just click ok on the popup from time to time.

Unacceptable how dare they to tarnish your perfect craft! Well in that case I might take a look around to see the what the options are, it's also just a few songs so it isn't too big of a deal.
:P For example any track with a length lower than 30 secs or so will fail, but that's how fingerprinting work. Oh and any track present in an ISO file (because there is no physical file to scan)! (they are skipped now in the latest version). You can bypass the ISO limitation by ripping the tracks, scanning them and finally copying the tags back. (These are "tricks" expect to explain the manual though)

If you were to bring out another version of these 2 components what would be the proper way to update it, Preferably I would not replace it because it would lose the information it would already hold.
Nothing is lost on updating, close foobar, overwrite the "xxx-scripts" files, start foobar and done. Config is saved at another place and the panel stores internally other config, so as soon as you restart all is the same. Playlist Tools has even a menu entry to export the user configured menus for backup or other purposes.

Reply #81
Have edited the wiki with more info about it:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Known-problems-or-limitations

And also added these suggestions on SMP:
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/issues/167

Reply #82
:P For example any track with a length lower than 30 secs or so will fail, but that's how fingerprinting work. Oh and any track present in an ISO file (because there is no physical file to scan)! (they are skipped now in the latest version). You can bypass the ISO limitation by ripping the tracks, scanning them and finally copying the tags back. (These are "tricks" expect to explain the manual though)
Actually I could fingerprint any song if it's 2~3 second or 30minutes, also I found a workaround for the failed songs by converting them again.
https://imgur.com/a/YnymyUp
after giving them a fingerprint they do change from .FLAC to . FLA files? but after converting these once again they go back to normal and it's fixed ;)

Nothing is lost on updating, close foobar, overwrite the "xxx-scripts" files, start foobar and done. Config is saved at another place and the panel stores internally other config, so as soon as you restart all is the same. Playlist Tools has even a menu entry to export the user configured menus for backup or other purposes.
I will use the export system as back up but it's good to hear you can just swap it.

I found a lot of readme on how to make playlist but do not see anything about creating a playlist of a fingerprint, with the button "Playlist Tools" I see a lot of different options but nothing about the fingerprint, and right clicking to make a new button i also only see options like moods/search by distance, etc.
So I pressume I have to enter a kind of dynamic query to make this work, For ex. want to test out if I can select a song and find other songs relating or getting close to the same fingerprints.

Thanks for the extra info in the last post!

Reply #83
I found a lot of readme on how to make playlist but do not see anything about creating a playlist of a fingerprint, with the button "Playlist Tools" I see a lot of different options but nothing about the fingerprint, and right clicking to make a new button i also only see options like moods/search by distance, etc.
So I pressume I have to enter a kind of dynamic query to make this work, For ex. want to test out if I can select a song and find other songs relating or getting close to the same fingerprints.

Thanks for the extra info in the last post!
That's because I have not shared it. There is no documentation about it for a reason ;)

Already created the code and framework to search by ChromaPrint (and FooID) fingerprinting -and works fine!- BUT foobar2000 is currently limited by RAM to do it. In my system I have 70K tracks and when foobar tries to cache the raw fingerprints it uses +1.5 GB of RAM. On the search process sometimes it reaches +3GB of RAM and crashes. There is no workaround for that since the tags are always cached, so any ram the process takes is on top of +1.5 GB of fingerprint data cached.

Therefore I stopped development on that side until foobar2000 becames a 64 bit software (its 2022  ::)) or SMP includes a method to read tags directly from files (like this one at JSP).

I could share the FooID button though, since that works fine (the fingerprints are much smaller). Will have it in mind on the next release. FooID method is much slower though and less reliable, that's why I put all my energy on the ChromaPrint framework, I managed to find "duplicates" in 70K tracks in less than 10 seconds (while it takes minutes in FooID).

Note in any case that tool is only meant to look for duplicates or live versions (not for track similarity in musical terms), if you want that to create playlist by similarity -like spotify- use "search by distance".

Reply #84
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.7
v3.0.0-beta.7 - Fingerprinting and compatiblity with new scripts Latest

PREVIOUS BUTTONS CONFIG (<3.0.0) WILL BE LOST ON UPGRADE DUE TO A CHANGE ON PROPERTIES
REQUIRES SMP 1.6.1.

Fingerprinting: added buttons for tagging with ChromaPrint and FooID. Added button for searching similar tracks in library by fingerprint with FooID. All other ChromaPrint tools are greyed out due to limitations on current Foobar2000 and SMP engine.
    Other tools\Write Tags: tool has been reworked to better handle ISO and cue files along under the hood improvements.
    Profiler: configuration was not being applied until script was reloaded.
    Playlist Manager: Updated to match v0.5.0-beta.6 release.

See changelog for a full list: https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Have also updated the wiki on github.