Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 225058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #100
Thanks. The issue came up once before and resulted in the option: "Mouse Left Button Click: Map To Double-Click" (biography.ini [miscellaneous heading]). This will prevent single mis-clicks. The setting is in biography.ini.

HTH
There it is. Thanks for the help.

Reply #101
Hello WilB,
Thanks for this great plugin!!
Is there any chance for an optional 'Crop' functionality in Image Only mode as seen at the 'now playing (basic)' script from Marc2003 (see here)? It covers the full display area of the frame (and cuts off part of the artwork at the edges to fit actual frame size) - I like it..
Regards, MojoBass

Reply #102
New Version: JScript Biography 0.7

CHANGELOG

ADD: Option to crop images so they are space filling (menu > layout > image).

Minor technical fixes and refinements.

Reply #103
Great, thanks for all those additions.
Maybe you could add also new position options for the image : you can split the options between horizontal alignment and vertical alignment, and on both categories you can let the user choose between left / center / right and top / center / bottom (and vertical>center would be grayed if horizontal>center is selected of course : )

Reply #104
Got the JScript Biography 0.7 working.

There is an issue with tedgo's DarkOne v4 theme though.
Look at these images, rollover. Some things get's broken.

Maybe this is not so easily solved? I really wanna keep DarkTheme.
Hoping tedgo will have a go at it eventually.

Regards
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #105
@colagen. Your request will be in the next release.

@redorb. I'm not exactly sure what point you're making. Both images have the same aspect ratio, i.e. square. I tried it in DarkOne v4.0 and it was fine. If what you mean is that the image isn't aligned at the top like the other image, then you seem to have some image padding set. Try setting the Layout outer Padding Image Left, Right, Top & Bottom to 0 (Biography > Right Click > menu > panel properties) & make sure the panel is wide enough to accommodate the full height of the image.

HTH

Reply #106
@WilB
Nothing wrong with the album art images or text shown in Biography panel.
Things marked in red rectangles gets broken.
To get out of Biography panel I have to point exactly right on the thin red vertical buttons that are barely visible.
Look at updated image in link.
Tried a ton of things and I can't get it right.

Regards

Reply #107
I suspect you didn't make a note of the panel stack splitter settings that were applied to the old panel before replacing it with a new one. Try re-importing the old .fcl file and take a look / ask Tedgo for help.

Reply #108
To save messing around any further here is a modified version of DarkOne v4.0 with JScript Biography. I hope its all OK as all I did was to check that JScript Biography was set-up.

All original credit to tedgo.

To use:
1) You HAVE TO install tedgo's DarkOne v4 according to tedgo's instructions here. This is required so that all the necessary stuff is in place. From tedgo instructions: ensure you BACKUP YOUR EXISTING COMPONENTS, CONFIGURATION FILES AND THEMES BEFORE EXECUTING THE SELF-EXTRACTING ARCHIVE!

2) Import the below fcl file: foobar2000 preferences > columns ui > main tab

HTH

Reply #109
^^^^^
3) You also need to install JScript panel 1.1.0+ before trying to load the above fcl file, if you don't already have it.

Reply #110
Yay!!
Thank you so much for going the extra mile! I really appreciate that!!
The .fcl you posted works like a charm, and now I have the Biography panel working!! :D
Some of my tweakings got lost but that I know how to fix.
Like showing the album art in the small "Playing" window, change to a different font and such.

Again many many thanks for your assistance! WilB... your my new hero!

Kind regards
from redorb in sweden

Edit: Removed the link in message Reply #101

Reply #111
New Version:  JScript Biography 0.7.2

CHANGELOG

ADD: Extra alignment options for image (menu > image > alignment).

CHG: Various menu refinements due to accumulated extra options. The "Playlists" shortcut is no longer shown by default (can be re-enabled in panel properties: "Menu Show Playlists"). The "Biography Server" identifier now requires "shift + right click" to display.

Reply #112
Thanks for the update!

regards

Reply #113
Thanks for the update, works like a charm!

regards

Reply #114
@WilB I like how you added top tags, similar artists and top albums to the bio a few versions back. A question, I'm sure the LFM api also provides overall playcounts (not the personal user playcount)  and amount of listeners stats. Could you include those as well? Perhaps with a switch in biography.ini for those who don't prefer seeing that information?

Reply #115
Hello!

I'm really pleased with the Biography Script which works like a charm!!
Biography jpg images are stored here:
C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm
As I often, daily, listen to my music the images quickly pile up, eating HDD space.
I try to keep he OS drive as clean as possible and my question is:
Is there a way to point the yttm folder using another path to another HDD?

Thanks...

Reply #116
I found out how to change the Biography path!!
It was explained in this thread...  :-[
Just edited the biography.ini and all is good!

regards

Reply #117
Thanks for this great script!  I put it in a toggle-able panel:

A few questions:

• If the button is hidden, is there any way to display the album rating?  Would it be possible to have the rating display in a button, but hide the text (allmusic/last.fm)?
  • How do I change the line spacing?
  • Can I show the image only for the artist, or the button only for the review?
  • Layout Outer Padding Text Bottom seems to affect the top padding as well (e.g. moves the header down).

Reply #118
New Version: JScript Biography 0.7.3

CHANGELOG

ADD: Display of last.fm statistics (scrobbles, listeners) where available, in last.fm web page format (to maintain language support). Shown at end of text. Their display can be disabled in panel properties ("Statistics Last.fm...").

ADD: Text display options to panel properties. "Text Spacing Pad", can be used to adjust line spacing and "Text Align Always Top".

@aeidein. Rating can be displayed on a separate line or embedded in the text or shown in the heading. Set with " Rating..." in panel properties. You can choose the display mode, e.g. set as image only or text only (menu or middle click). Setting applies to both artist and album views - I have no plans to change that behaviour. The "Layout Outer Padding Text Bottom" can affect the top space since the text block including the heading is normally vertically centered - so it spaces equi-distant top / bottom if the pads are the same. I've added an option to always top align the text which will stop that behaviour (see above). You will only see a change in text only mode or in dual image + text mode with right / left layout (in dual top / bottom layouts the image is sized so that the text is a flush fit). Regarding line spacing, I've added that option as well (see above). There's also "Heading Metrics..." in panel properties that does what it says.

Reply #119
New Version: JScript Biography 0.7.3

CHANGELOG

ADD: Display of last.fm statistics (scrobbles, listeners) where available, in last.fm web page format (to maintain language support). Shown at end of text. Their display can be disabled in panel properties ("Statistics Last.fm...").

Awesome, thanks.

Reply #120
I noticed with v0.73 that I get less results than the previous version. I have a portable install that uses v0.72 and another one with v0.73 on some artists (mostly those with low listeners/scrobbles and no bio filled in) the information doesn't get downloaded. v0.72 doesn't seem to have this issue.
Some examples of artists that don't work on v0.73 but do on v0.72:

Aaly Trio
Madhu, Vaishali & Shoma
80s Stallone
Maria Pierantoni Giua

For Madhu, Vaishali & Shoma I filled in the bio to see if that was the trigger but that doesn't seem to be the case and 80s Stallone already had its bio filled in.
Can you reproduce?

Reply #121
Thanks!

regards

Reply #122
Thank you again for creating this!!
It finds and downloads most covers automatically and works like a charm.

One idea: some albums are tagged with additional info like "Deluxe Edition", "Limited Edition" etc. and the scipt does not find the cover because of that.
 Maybe you could add an option in the right click menu to manually change the search term if there is no cover found?

Reply #123
@jazzthieve The examples you quoted either don't have or have a very short actual biography. I had changed the detector for whether a biography existed & essentially if it didn't exist or was short, i.e. likely to be "We don't have a wiki here yet...", or something similar, it was rejected and none of the other extra info saved either.

Anyway I have changed it to a better detector, so very short bios should now be found, and it will also now include the extra info even if there is no actual biography. That will be in the next release. I probably need to test it further though...

@tr0ner. Are "Deluxe Edition", "Limited Edition" etc. part of your tags? The script already does some clean up of album names. I could add these to the list of terms that get stripped, so it always searches for the "core" name, which is more likely to find a cover. If there are any other terms worth including let me know.

Reply #124
Yes, I also thought about the shortness or non existing bio to be the reason but v0.72 gave top tags, top albums, similar artist results even if there was no bio present.
I also thought low listener/scrobble count would be the issue but couldn't find much consistency in that either.
Looking forward to your next release.