Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Text Display (foo_textdisplay) (Read 218719 times) previous topic - next topic

Text Display (foo_textdisplay)

Reply #176
Well that's just embarrassing.  I was indeed using the 1.0 RC3 from foosions website and not the 1.1 Beta from the components page.  Nevertheless I hope that the ability to highlight (as well as dim!) items differently on the same line makes it's way into a new version at some point.

Reply #177
Hi,
Has this plugin a list of intentionally unsupported fields or what? Is "LYRICS" field on that list?
I configured plugin like this:

[Comments:$crlf()%comment%$crlf() $crlf()]
[Tracklist:$crlf()%tracklist%$crlf() $crlf()]
[Lyrics:$crlf()%lyrics%$crlf() $crlf()]

and for "Lyrics:" section I always have simply a dot ( "." ) instead of text. But... If I change the name of the field to "LYRICSX" and change the config to:

[Comments:$crlf()%comment%$crlf() $crlf()]
[Tracklist:$crlf()%tracklist%$crlf() $crlf()]
[Lyrics:$crlf()%lyricsX%$crlf() $crlf()]

I get full contents of "LYRICSX" field, with all line breaks, etc... what is going on?

Reply #178
You should read the changelog for foobar2000 v1.3, specifically this:

Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.

The feature is now customizable by editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar2000 profile folder

Reply #179
Hahaha - I've read it something like 2 times but first - it is impossible to remember all its content and second - I would never connect that change with my problem 
Many thanks for this hint - it worked.

Re: Text Display (foo_textdisplay)

Reply #180
Padding options would be great to see added to Text Display, since at the moment it wraps text to the very edges of the panel which is harder to read and looks less elegant.

While some requests ask for image support and the like which won't be added this on the other hand I'd like to think would be a worthwhile addition and fit the simplicity of the existing options.

(A resizable code settings window would also be a quality of life feature I'd love to see added ;))

Reply #181
Did foosion ever implement the ability to run foobar commands (those in the keyboard shortcuts) by using $cmdlink()? I can't get it to work. I only get "Sorry, this feature is not yet implemented.". Even when I use the predefined ones from the instructions.

Otherwise, excellent component.

Reply #182
I've ran into a couple of issues with the Text Display component. It doesn't 'repaint' if the panel size/dimension changes due to a resizing of the Foobar window. 

When text is centered it doesn't recenter, and when text is aligned left or right, word wrapping doesn't rewrap if panel dimension changes.

Another thing I noticed is that if you use it display tag information from mixed sources, say standard tags mixed with Discogs info, it sometimes seems to clear and reload the Discogs parts and repaints those while leaving the standard ones visible.

Lastly, according to the configuration screen, I should be able to give links a different color. So far I've not yet managed to make that happen. URL's either directly typed in the setup screen or those contained in tags, do not get colored any different from the normal text color

Reply #183
Did foosion ever implement the ability to run foobar commands (those in the keyboard shortcuts) by using $cmdlink()?
This only works for the predefined commands, for example
Code: [Select]
$cmdlink(Properties,context_file_properties)
or
$cmdlink(Play,main_play)

Reply #184
I've ran into a couple of issues with the Text Display component. It doesn't 'repaint' if the panel size/dimension changes due to a resizing of the Foobar window. 

When text is centered it doesn't recenter, and when text is aligned left or right, word wrapping doesn't rewrap if panel dimension changes.
Both of these features work here (Windows 8.1, foobar2000 v1.3.9, Text Display 1.1 beta 1). Which version of Windows do you use? Can you provide a minimal layout (fth file) which reproduces the behaviour?

The component does not have special treatment for non-standard tags. I don't know enough about the Discogs component to tell why they tags might temporarily vanish. Can you observe this effect with any other UI element, e.g. Selection properties, or in the status bar?

The component does not detect URLs and turn them into clickable links. The link color on the settings window refers to the links created by the components $applink, $doclink and $cmdlink functions. You can use the $doclink function to create a clickable link from a URL, for example
$doclink(Hydrogenaudio Forum,https://hydrogenaud.io/)$crlf()
$doclink(Artist Homepage,%artist_url%)$crlf()
$doclink(Search for Artist,https://www.google.com/#q=$urlencode(%artist%))$crlf()
Links have to be on a line by their own, just like dimmed and highlighted text.

Reply #185

Both of these features work here (Windows 8.1, foobar2000 v1.3.9, Text Display 1.1 beta 1). Which version of Windows do you use?
Can you provide a minimal layout (fth file) which reproduces the behaviour?
I'm back on Windows7 but I think I've found what the cause was. I'm using the DUI and what would normally be the application workspace, I have moved into a tab panel, So basically I have a tab panel as the first container between toolbar and statusbar.

The first tab contains my foobar layout while the other tabs have a screensaver component and Spheck.

Funny thing though. I copied the whole layout into a scratchbox to make a minimal version and it centered and wrapped without problems, but as active layout in foobar, it don't.  Only after taking my default layout from my main tab and making that the top container, made it start centering and wrapping again. I've added two fairly minimal layout files, One with the tab panel as main container showing the issue and the other with the same content as in the main tab but without the top tab panel and working as expected.

The component does not have special treatment for non-standard tags. I don't know enough about the Discogs component to tell why they tags might temporarily vanish. Can you observe this effect with any other UI element, e.g. Selection properties, or in the status bar?
To be honest, I haven't tried because the tag frames in question contain multiline data so they're fairly useless to have in a list view, The one or two items I do use in list views (Discogs Release ID and Style) don't seem to be doing the same thing. But given that the other two issues got resolved by removing the outer tab panel, this one probably won't happen again either...

The component does not detect URLs and turn them into clickable links. The link color on the settings window refers to the links created by the components $applink, $doclink and $cmdlink functions. You can use the $doclink function to create a clickable link from a URL, for example
$doclink(Hydrogenaudio Forum,https://hydrogenaud.io/)$crlf()
$doclink(Artist Homepage,%artist_url%)$crlf()
$doclink(Search for Artist,https://www.google.com/#q=$urlencode(%artist%))$crlf()
Links have to be on a line by their own, just like dimmed and highlighted text.
The part about the dimming/highlighting I found out after much trying, but the $...link functions I didn't know about, need to see if I can inject one of these in the formatting when extracting the field (multiline data again)

EDIT:
You asked if the same happened in Selection Properties (the Discogs tags). They don't show at all in any of the sections. Is there a way to modify what it shows other than which section?

Reply #186
I don't suppose there's a way to make it possible to copy text from the panel? I can't seem to find any way to do this.

EDIT: To make it clear, I don't mean the option from the context menu, as this copies the whole lot. Bit overkill if only wanting one data element. I meant a way to 'select' before copying.

Reply #187
Could $cmdlink run saved script from masstagger?
I'm realize the answer is "No" for now. Maybe in future?
I found context_masstag_edit opens "Manage Scripts" dialog - one step before!
But wouldn't be so convenient to run saved script directly clicking hyperlink?

And also someone please explain what does context_masstag_rename do? - I can't see any changes when using it

Thanks for plugin, love it.

Reply #188
I don't suppose there's a way to make it possible to copy text from the panel? I can't seem to find any way to do this.
This is indeed not possible. It would also not be easy to implement. Firstly the current text renderer is not able to display different styles within a paragraph but this would be required to highlight the selection. Secondly the text can change at any moment.

Could $cmdlink run saved script from masstagger?
I'm realize the answer is "No" for now. Maybe in future?
Once the component finally has the long-planned ability to run user-selected commands in addition to the predefined commands it should be possible.

And also someone please explain what does context_masstag_rename do? - I can't see any changes when using it
I don't remember what it did but the function is probably no longer part of masstagger.

Reply #189
1.1 beta 1 versions seems is not compatible with foobar2000 1.3.13 version. Can't make it work.

Reply #190
It works here. Did it work for you in previous versions of foobar2000?

Reply #191
Hi. I have Foobar 1.3.13 and I can not show the lyrics on my mp3 files that are already there.

I wrote $if2(%UNSYNCEDLYRICS%,No lyrics available) and the one on your page but nothing appears on both. Maybe it does not work on latest versions of Foobar?

Regards.

PS: even with this code it does ont show the lyrics, just the other text; I mean artist, album, track number, but NOT the lyrics.

[%artist% - ][%title%]$crlf()
[%album%[ '('%date%')'][ - '['%tracknumber%[/%totaltracks%]']']$crlf()]
[-----------------------------------------------------$crlf()
$if(%lyrics%,$replace(%lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf()),$if(%unsynced lyrics%,$replace(%unsynced lyrics%,'

',$crlf() $crlf()),'no Lyrics available'))$crlf()]
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #192
Unexpected behaviour report (possibly a bug) :
Text Display (latest version) + foobar2000 (1.3.9)

I'm using Text Display to display the current artist name, with the following titleformat : [$meta(artist,0)]
The "Prefer Playing Track" option is enabled.

- When I launch foobar2000 without playing anything, Text Display surprisingly displays the first artist name in my playlist, when it should display nothing.
- When I start playing a song, Text Display displays the current artist name.
- However if I stop playing the song, Text Display displays again the first artist name in my playlist.
- This unattended behaviour goes on until the moment I have "interacted" with Text Display (e.g. right click > Settings). Then this behaviour does no longer happen.
- If I restart foobar2000 everything happens again.

Seems easy to reproduce, 100% of the time.
Could somebody please look into it ? Thanks.

Reply #193
This behaviour may appear strange but it is working as designed. Although I might design this differently nowadays.

When "Prefer playing track" is off, the behaviour mimics that of the Album Art Viewer UI element. If tracks are selected in the playlist (or in any other UI element which provides a selection) it uses the first of these tracks. If no track is selected it uses the currently playing track. If there is no playing tracks either you get the behaviour where no fields or tags are available.

When "Prefer playing track" is on, the roles of the selection and the playing track are reversed.

When you open the settings of Text Display or click a link in it the playlist or whichever UI element had the focus loses the focus. This effectively clears the selection. Moreover it does not regain the focus when you close the settings window or the confirmation window displayed by Text Display. This is why Text Display then displays nothing unless a track is playing or you click the playlist (or any other UI element which provides a selection).

I'm not sure yet how to fix this. I'll have to figure out whether it is possible to return the focus to the previous UI element. Finding the previously focused UI element should be the easy part. Figuring out the right time will be more challenging.

Reply #194
Hi All,

I stumbled with this text formatting.
One day I came up an idea to display the current "playback order". I search for quite sometimes now but I cannot find the answer so I went here, maybe someone can be the answer to my wish.

What I need to do is : Display the current playback order I current set.
Example:
- When I hit/change the playback order to shuffle (track) [Text display will show "shuffle (track)]

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Reply #195
No such title formatting exists. However, you can add a toolbar which gives you a quick way to view/change the playback order. Just right click the existing toolbars>Playback Order.

Reply #196
Hi All,

I stumbled with this text formatting.
One day I came up an idea to display the current "playback order". I search for quite sometimes now but I cannot find the answer so I went here, maybe someone can be the answer to my wish.

What I need to do is : Display the current playback order I current set.
Example:
- When I hit/change the playback order to shuffle (track) [Text display will show "shuffle (track)]

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Not possible with Text Display, however Panel Stack Splitter provides the %ps_playback_order% field.
I'm late

Reply #197
No such title formatting exists. However, you can add a toolbar which gives you a quick way to view/change the playback order. Just right click the existing toolbars>Playback Order.

I am aware of it, I just want to have something cooler for me to see, like less buttons more text :)

Not possible with Text Display, however Panel Stack Splitter provides the %ps_playback_order% field.

I haven't explore the Panel Stack Splitter yet, but yeah maybe someday I am going to play with it.

Thanks marc2003 and davideleo I really appreciate for looking this up! :)

Reply #198
is this component still updated...??
the latest version "1.1 beta" is dated 2011.
The problem with this version is, that leading line breaks are ignored.
All previous versions have shown leading line breaks correctly.
This feature is especially useful, if you have two text displays next to each other for comparison.
In the latest version leading linebreakes are automatically truncated.
yours,
Thomian

P.S.
There was a fix for leading and trailing white space with "1.0 beta4", but not for leading and trailing line breaks.

Reply #199
There appears to be a maximum character limit to the Comment tag for Mp3 files when displayed in Text Display.

In fb2k's file properties and Mp3Tag the comment shows in full, however in Text Display it's rendered as a single period character (.) when the comment is 3300 characters. If I manually cut some of it out to 1900 characters it's displayed by Text Display.

Is this a Text Display limitation or some setting I can configure in fb2k?

Edit: I notice upon playing the track the full comment tag is displayed, but upon playback stop it returns to the period character. I vaguely remember some advanced fb2k setting related to tag caching or something but can't find it. Guessing it may be related?