Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Text Display (foo_textdisplay) (Read 218646 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Text Display (foo_textdisplay)

Reply #200
Try changing LargeFieldsConfig.txt and see if that helps.

Reply #201
Try changing LargeFieldsConfig.txt and see if that helps.

Ah, that would be the one I'd say, given 1900 characters were displayed while idle but not more (in mine the max is set to '2000'). Had forgotten it was configured in a standalone file.

Reply #202
I'm having the same issue with a dot being displayed, instead of lyrics in the Text Display panel. I have removed the lyrics and unsynced lyrics entries from the LargeFieldsConfig.txt

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/lH2nOmo.jpg

Anything else I could try?
I only recently updated foobar from some pre 1.0 version. I'm on win7x64, foobar 1.4 beta 8.

Reply #203
Update: I have noticed that if "Prefer playing track" is enabled, the lyrics -do- show. Disabling it again shows the dot again. So it seems like this is a bug within Text Display. Ironically this seems to be rather similar to a bug I reported 10 years ago after the initial release. How time flies.

I doubt that this component is still under development though, so I suppose this workaround is as good as it gets.

Cheers

Reply #204
IMO, a text display component is absolutely essential and should be part of foobar's native basic installation.

Reply #205
Let's just hope the legendary @foosion gets to see this ! ;)

Reply #206
Anyone know if there's a solution to this little annoyance? It's easier to explain with screenshots.

The text displayed changes according to whether an item is playing or selected etc, and it works fine when the "prefer playing track" option is checked, but not when it's unchecked.

When a track is playing it looks like the first screenshot.
When there's no track playing or selected and "prefer playing track" is checked, it behaves as I'd hoped. See the second screenshot.
But when there's no track playing or selected and "prefer playing track" is unchecked, it displays as per the third screenshot.

It's only a minor annoyance but I'm still learning when it comes to fb2k's syntax, so I'm wondering if there's a way around it I'm not yet aware of. The syntax for the orange text in the screenshots is below (that's what I'm trying to fix if I can). Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks.

Code: [Select]
>>>$if(%filename%,$if(%isplaying%,Currently Playing Track,Selected Track),No Track Playing Or Selected)<<<

Reply #207
Even with Preferred Playing Track unselected, I cannot get lyrics to display.

Reply #208
Sorry for the dumb question but is text_display dead or dying? The release is quite old. What are the alternatives? Seems that $applink or $doclink etc. does not work no more ... The posted examples somewhere from the devloper in the docs just shows a {{app|someapp|link}} result ... not the link

Reply #209
I am also having problems with $doclink. URL is properly created and displayed, after clicking it confirmation dialog appears, but after confirming I want to open give URL nothing happens. Any solutions?

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but after some tweaks and restarts $doclink started to work as intended. My bad.

Reply #210
I don't know if this is at all possible. I wanted to add clickable links on a text box for songs (these links would take me to a specific timestamp IN THAT SONG). Is this possible? Are there other extensions I can use to do this?

Reply #211
I don't know if this is at all possible. I wanted to add clickable links on a text box for songs (these links would take me to a specific timestamp IN THAT SONG). Is this possible? Are there other extensions I can use to do this?

From what I remember searching for such functionality in another context some months ago, a lyrics component for foobar able to timestamp popped up on google accidently. But don't quote me, it's a very loose connection in my memory to this search back then. Try out the lyrics components, maybe it pops up and you find what I was referring to.

Reply #212
I have found %replaygain_track_gain% is accepted as a tag identifier, but %replaygain_track_peak% is not.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #214
Works for me.
So it does.  Sorry, I must have had a typo.  Thanks for confirming.

Reply #215
I see I can text-format date and time using $date and $time, but how do I get the current system date & time into them as a parameter?

Reply #216
IMO, a text display component is absolutely essential and should be part of foobar's native basic installation.
... and this is totally up-to-date since foo_textdisplay doesn't work with 64bit foobar.

Reply #218
I'd prefer having a separate component or built-in functionality (for my very probable upcoming switch to 64-bit fb2k) instead of something that relies on JScript (that I have no intention of using, with all due respect).

Reply #220
Latest JScript Panel version has full $rgb support.

And the use of coloured font symbols* is possible because I use DirectWrite and not the ancient Gdi for rending text.

*Requires Windows 10/11. Component will run Windows 7+ but won't have that functionality.

Such a shame it's not "native". :P

Reply #221
Hi,
thank you!!! It's a nice one  :))

Reply #222
Latest JScript Panel version has full $rgb support.
And the use of coloured font symbols* is possible because I use DirectWrite and not the ancient Gdi for rending text.

Great to finally see something improving upon foo_textdisplay! (even though I haven't fully upgraded yet)

Adding background image support on the roadmap?  :)

Reply #224
Hi,

once again  ;)  - any chance to get the doclink-function in your textdisplay?  ::)
that would be wonderful