Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Continent

Africa
[ 3 ] (0.7%)
America - North
[ 116 ] (25.7%)
America - South
[ 20 ] (4.4%)
Asia - East
[ 20 ] (4.4%)
Asia - South
[ 9 ] (2%)
Asia - West
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
Australia
[ 20 ] (4.4%)
Europe
[ 262 ] (58.1%)

Total Members Voted: 487

Topic: Where do you come from? (Read 47143 times) previous topic - next topic

Where do you come from?

Reply #51
Easy to chose a checkbox for me. Born in Paris, lived in France most of my life and currently in England, Europe.

lnternet is great to throw the national barriers down and share all together. Though nobody voted 'Africa' yet... ls Internet too pricey there?

Where do you come from?

Reply #52
Sheesh, how about New Zealand? And no, we don't come under 'Australia'. 'Australasia' perhaps, or 'Oceania' (better). Even South Pacific would do.

Where do you come from?

Reply #53
Central Europe - Austria

from the southern part (as if it was big enough to mention that..)

Where do you come from?

Reply #54
New Hampshire USA
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

Where do you come from?

Reply #55
I find it unexpected that Europe is where most of us from by a quite a big margin (so far).

Fascinating.

Triza

Where do you come from?

Reply #56
Caribbean - Puerto Rico
I guess we could count as North America?

Where do you come from?

Reply #57
I find it unexpected that Europe is where most of us from by a quite a big margin (so far).

Fascinating.

Triza

Its not so surprising anymore once one knows where most of the "core" is from. Get on the IRC-channels for just a few days, and you'll understand what i mean. Also, the frapper map which was started a few months ago also painted a similiar picture. However, i also did not expect the margin to be THAT big (so far). Contrary to the irc-channels and the frapper-map, this poll is visible right on the portal-page..... i didn't expect a "visible" poll to still be biased so much towards europe.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Where do you come from?

Reply #59
7/10 - Oldenburg - Germany
2/10 - Hamburg - Germany
1/10 - Bergby - Sweden (hej hej (sommartider))
1/10 - I never understood math...
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Where do you come from?

Reply #60
Sydney, Australia.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com
The home of quality podcasts
(including Sine Language, a weekly discussion on all things audio)

Where do you come from?

Reply #61
Europe, Sweden, Stockholm.

Most famous for... eh... IKEA, Volvo, Ericsson, Saab, SKF, ABBA and Polkagrisar. Anyone care for a bite?

I really love IKEA's hotdogs!
BTW do IKEAs all over the world have such hotdogs?

Where do you come from?

Reply #62
Hey, you folks should include a South East Asia option in the voting. I am neither from East or South Asia!
Most of the audio-visual industry here has its regional office in Singapore.

Where do you come from?

Reply #63
USA.  Lynchburg, Virginia specifically.  Here at good old Liberty University!

edit:  Well, iI guess to answer the question more literally, I was born in Ft. Irwin, California, but I currently go to school, and live, in Virgina.
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

Where do you come from?

Reply #64
Central Europe - Czech Republic, pretty unknown country for many people in the world especially for Americans!

You're telling me!

BTW I'm from Karlsruhe, that's quite exactly on the corner of the dent
on the lower right side of Germany

Ooops, of course I meant LEFT side!

Where do you come from?

Reply #65
Damn, I'm the first African to vote - I really hadn't thought there were so few of us on the boards.  I'm from South Africa.

Where do you come from?

Reply #66
Damn, I'm the first African to vote - I really hadn't thought there were so few of us on the boards.  I'm from South Africa.
I am also from South Africa. I was born and grew up in Johannesburg, but moved to Cape Town five years ago.

Thanks to the descriptive name South Africa is probably the easiest country in the world to find on a map 

Where do you come from?

Reply #67
Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

South America for those who don´t know.

Where do you come from?

Reply #68
Central Europe - Austria

from the southern part (as if it was big enough to mention that..)
Central Europe - Austria
From the northern part.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Österreich, Matthias

Where do you come from?

Reply #69
@ k.eight.a: Americans should know your country - it is where the one and only Budweiser is being brewed
Definitely! They should... for knowing what does it mean BEER! 
Central Europe - Czech Republic, pretty unknown country for many people in the world especially for Americans!
You're telling me!

Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Where do you come from?

Reply #73
suburbs of seattle, washington, usa

and yes i do know there are other countries besides the usa... canada is one, right? oh and mexico? hah! - two!

Where do you come from?

Reply #74
and yes i do know there are other countries besides the usa... canada is one, right? oh and mexico? hah! - two!
...there be dragons...
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)