Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does resampling algorithm can influence mp3 decoding quality? (Read 3934 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Does resampling algorithm can influence mp3 decoding quality?

Reply #25
He's a musician (with golden ears, as it seems!).

Nearly every musician I met, (apart from the young) seems to have some hearing loss.
Also what age group is he in?

Reply #26
He's between 40 and 45.
I think he would assume to fail to the test. The primary goal of his company is to restore and digitalise high-value but forgotten recordings. They sell vinyls, CDs and also HD files of those restorations. Their HD files, from what I understand, is the link between the original and the other forms they sell (hence the really high sample rate).

Reply #27
No form needs anything higher than 16-bit 48kHz, unless to be processed further.

Reply #28
But since they derive everything from that, and the fact the original tape will continue to deteriorate, it makes sense to keep an archive at more than the minimum required.

Reply #29
One could wonder why aren't we archiving old photos including infrared and ultraviolet...

Reply #30
 :))