Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MIME type problem when opening DSF/DFF from HTTP? (Read 668 times) previous topic - next topic

MIME type problem when opening DSF/DFF from HTTP?

Since Foobar2000 is closed source and I'm thus not sure where this bug comes from I figured I'd post here.

So here's the situation.
In the stable setup I have for taking my library on the go I can use Foobar2000 is stream DSF files via Subsonic to anywhere in the world. But thats become abandonware and thus I'm testing alternatives (JPSonic in this case, if it aint broke dont fix it). One of those let me configure MIME types for streaminng DSF, since that in itself is a very tricky matter so every time the last hurdle is DSF streaming. Which never seems to work properly other than the now abandonware server setup.

Now, even with trying "application/octet-stream", "audio/dsd", "audio/dsf" and "audio/x-dsf", Foobar does not seem to read these properly?

The working setup has the exact same responding filesize, MIME type for identification (application/octet-stream was the reported type for 3 years now and never had an issue) but for some reason Foobar will only read from the old system, even though everything seems the same.
The only error that pops up is just "Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):" even though I can grab it just fine from both, files are the exact same. Or maybe a HTTP/HTTPS thing?

Every other filetype works just fine, weird why Foobar does not like this. So, is there any way to easily debug this or at least get some verbose information about what exactly Foobar's unhappy with?