Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Would a currupt FLAC file verify in CUETools? (Read 1452 times) previous topic - next topic

Would a currupt FLAC file verify in CUETools?

Hello.

I am going through my very old FLAC rips, one by one, and encoding them to AAC for my new phone.

My steps are...

AudioTester - To test the CRCs of the FLAC files
CUETools - Encode if verified to TVBR q91
Clean up tags
Create a checksum file for the m4a album.

Is the first step nessisary? Surely if a FLAC file had a currupt md5 it wouldnt verify.. would it? Im at 87 albums now and it would be one less step to do for each one, heh.

Cheers :)

Re: Would a currupt FLAC file verify in CUETools?

Reply #1
* If CUETools verifies the album with AccurateRip or the CT data base, it will be the same as someone else's rip of the same CD, and that is good enough.
* No need to run AudioTester album by album, you can drop folders into the window and leave for hours/overnight.
* Also, you can use foobar2000 with foo_verifier. If your library has lossy and lossless, you can search up the latter by the query %__encoding% HAS lossless and then select them for verification. (Why exclude the lossy? Because often their headers show slightly wrong length, and so you will have to scroll through lots of minor problems reported. Take the lossy separately.)

As for "MD5": the FLAC format has a checksum for each block, so if there is genuine corruption, it will be worse than merely MD5 mismatch. (Indeed, there are .flac files around with no MD5 sum at all, and I just learned there is an online music store who delivers such files).

Re: Would a currupt FLAC file verify in CUETools?

Reply #2
Forgot to respond t this! Thank you for the info :P