Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can cover lookup be disabled? (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

Can cover lookup be disabled?

Most of the time I am waiting for cover lookup to finish, and it sometimes lasts longer than transcoding. Can that step be skipped?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: Can cover lookup be disabled?

Reply #1
Sure, just go to the advanced settings and select none at the album art search option:

Reply #2
I am blind. Thank you, sir :)

Reply #3
I've having problems with this since, I think, version 2.1.9 (which also introduced zero-padded track numbers, which I would like to be able to disable, but it was a minor complaint and I just lived with it).

As you can see, I've selected the seemingly most restrictive settings regarding the download of cover art that CUETools offers:
X

And yet, with many albums I still get this when encoding. CUETools has already downloaded an image and is showing it to me:
X

But it gets worse sometimes.

So I start an encoding an album with the tag editor enabled, and, first, I get this:
X

After that I have to wait for the program to download multiple images from coverartarchive.org...
X

...which are then shown for me to choose one:
X

And then it's shown while encoding too:
X

Apart from the annoyance of having to wait for the downloads and to click through all this process that I don't even need, I get particularly aggravated because I'm currently on a limited data plan, and the last thing I want is to waste my quota on cover art I don't want to begin with.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Reply #4
Yeah the album art search setting is ignored for some reason, makes me wonder how many of the other options also don't work.

Reply #5
Yeah, I wanted to post that, as it doesn't really help. It searches cover art anyways.

Reply #6
A build for testing, where CUETools does not fetch the album art, if the advanced setting
"Album Art search" is set to "None", can be downloaded from here:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/162

Reply #7
@c72578 Thank you!
It works for preventing the download of full size artwork, but it still fetches previews in the tag editor when encoding.
Could you do something for that too?

Reply #8
A build for testing, where CUETools does not fetch the album art, if the advanced setting
"Album Art search" is set to "None", can be downloaded from here:
https://github.com/gchudov/cuetools.net/pull/162

I've tested it today, and it indeed doesn't search or offer covers. But it shows small picture in tag/album selection window (Select the best match).

Reply #10
Thank you very much @c72578

This may be asking too much now, but, it'd be nice to get rid of the big divider in the tag editor that's meant to display the previews, as it eats up a good chunk of real state. But I understand if that's messing too much with things.