Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9] my development on mplayer(source included) (Read 6884 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9] my development on mplayer(source included)

hi, all
i do some modificationes on mplayer [Moderation: deleted link], screenshot like this.

main UI:
[Moderation: deleted link]

equalizer UI:
[Moderaion: deleted link]

features:
1. inherited all functions from mplayer.
2. add spectrum analyzer for mplayer, it can display spectrum when play audio or video.
3. add equalizer UI for mplayer.

binary download:
[Admin: deleted link]

source code download:
[Admin: deleted link]

please read the file readme.txt in compressed file first.

Reply #1
This still seems to contain closed source spectrum analyzer code without any kind of reference where it is from.

Reply #2
Technically I don't think you're allowed to distribute that binary without providing the source for your plugin too, so you should probably take down those links, update the zip with the source, and then reupload them.

Reply #3
Technically I don't think you're allowed to distribute that binary without providing the source for your plugin too, so you should probably take down those links, update the zip with the source, and then reupload them.

do you read "readme.txt" carefully? those files are not parts of mplayer. all modifications on mplayer are opend except my own components.

Reply #4
And I guess you didn't read the GPL carefully in this case.

Most precisely the part linking with non-GPLed (your code)

No matter how you justify it, your code is still illegal. Full human readable source code must be released or actions must be ceased and desisted, under the vanilla GPL.

Reply #5
This appears to be a GPL violation, so I removed the links (TOS 9). Keeping the thread some someone can explain the GPL as needed.

Reply #6