Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: freedb and verifying perfect copies (Read 2140 times) previous topic - next topic

freedb and verifying perfect copies

I've recently been ripping my CD collection to FLAC and since I'm interested in perfect/lossless copies, I was thinking about something.  Would it be possible to have a database of checksums of perfect copies of CD tracks?  Then, any file you had that was supposed to be from a CD, you could check against the checksum for that track in freedb to see if it is exactly as appears on the CD.

I realize that the checksum would depend on the format (flac, etc), but you could just store them as computed on the corresponding wav file.

I don't know that much about CD ripping, freedb, etc, but was just wondering if something like this would be possible, or has been attempted, etc.

any thoughts?

freedb and verifying perfect copies

Reply #1
It has been done.
It is called AccurateRip
http://accuraterip.com/

You can find a plugin for EAC there.