Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] ELPlaylist (Read 530103 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] ELPlaylist

Reply #650
on the grouping tab, you have a "group by" name. you can access this in the script pages with %el_preset_name%

Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%el_preset_name%,Preset1),....

marc,
i thought %el_preset_name% would return "titleformat script presets" name.
it works now like expecting.
Thanks you ! very much.

Reply #651
I know that I can turn off columns. As you said I need create script which displays playlist item. I'm very lazy to read and understand syntax. I hope there is users of such script

If youre lazy to learn how to use fb2k to its full efficiency youll probably never be happy with it... but never mind. Try to create new column in default playlist view named it whaterver you like "title2" for example and add something like this:

Code: [Select]
$if2(%title%,%filename_ext%)

but afaik in default, fb2k playlist views items similar to winamp. when no tags are present it uses %filename% imho

Reply #652
Is there a way to "connect" group by (context menu) and a preset?
Can ELPlaylist selects automatically a defined preset according to a "group by"?
If not, what is the use of different presets?
but i still can figure what is the use of presets. could anyone show me an exemple of using different presets?[/b]

The way think of it groupings are universal views that can be assigned to any playlist, while presets are more one shots that only apply to a single one, like if you only want to show a flat list view on an ipod playlist while the rest show artwork.

anyone has attempt to change a Global Field definition with a button kind action?

The only way I can think of is with a wsh button that creates a file, then using $findfile() in elplaylist to toggle a setting based on whether it exists or not.

Reply #653
ok, i got it! thanks you for answer and nice tips (skilled).

PS:i'll keep that in mind, when i'll discover wsh panel... i'm going step by step to rebuild my old config. i hope i'll finish it before foobar v2.0 rises and  ELPlaylist falls  as panelUI

Reply #654
when we use group_depth :
can we collapse children INTO a collapsed parent and not below?
something like folders and subfolders or as ESPlaylist works.

(off-subject question, stupid one, but, by curiosity, what is the language type we all use to script those panels and playslists? Visual, basic, pascal...?
for me, it is like learning and using a spoken language, but not even knowing if i speak spanish, english, chinese, japanese or deutch...  please, don't be cruel with me    )

Reply #655
when we use group_depth :
can we collapse children INTO a collapsed parent and not below?
something like folders and subfolders or as ESPlaylist works.

and if answer is YES, can i keep collapsed group_depth1 if i extand group_depth0?

Reply #656
(+1 for a Group footer)
meanwhile, how do you guys draw in empty rows added at the end?

Reply #657
i would be interested in how to collapse child/parent groups properly too, see my last post (klick)
meanwhile, how do you guys draw in empty rows added at the end?

try $enabledraw(1)

Reply #659
New Version v0.6.8.0b

* added %el_system_date%, $albumart
* some minor bug fix.

Many thanks to you, ssenna

Reply #661
Unfortunately $albumart() target=1 doesn't seems to work in the popup window...

I tried this:
$albumart(4,4,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),1,artist)
to display the artist picture of each track provided by the foobar2000 artreader but it only displays the artist picture of the first track in the group.

Do i use it wrong?

Reply #662
thanks you ssena! any improvment is much appreciated here.
and thanks you too tedgo for reporting.

Reply #663
Ditto, thanks for the update!

Reply #664
@tedgo, i just tried your code on a group with mixed artists and it works fine for me.

Reply #665
@marc2003
On the Popup(Background) tab?
I still have no luck with it...

Reply #666
try the "Popup(Track)" tab.

Reply #667
Ah, thanks

Reply #668
THanks for latest version SSena.
ANy chance of allowing wildcards in playlist matching?

Thanks

Reply #669
@ssenna
$imageabs() with using the foobar artreader (with %el_group_first_path% and the artreader option) and $albumart() do both not recognize the stub images on the Preferences --> Display page for Back cover, Artist and Disc but only for the Front cover (which is then used in general for all art types).
Only a small issue, but could you fix it please?

Btw. Is there any way to make ELPlaylist recognize an image immediately when using $albumart()?
When i used $drawimage() in the past with %el_group_first_path% and artreader_artist i got the image displayed immediately when i added it to my artist pictures folder. Now with $albumart() i have to play some songs before it is displayed in the popup window. I guess its caused by leaving the "old" image in the memory cache when using $albumart() and "binds" it to the artist/track (the same like when i used $imageabs()).
Any workaround?

EDIT:
v0.6.8.1b is out which fixes the problem that $albumart() doesn't recognizes target = 1 in some cases.
And wildcard support for playlist filter.
Thanks again

Now it needs only a fix for the small issue with the different stub images for different art types and my Easter weekend is perfect!

Reply #670
Another issue:
$albumart() ignores embedded album art. Could it be added?
So embedded album art would be displayed too and there's no need to "script" a workaround for the album art like $if2($imageabs(...,%el_group_first_path%,artreader),$albumart(...)).

Reply #671
@ssenna
Would it be possible that $albumart() - at least when using target = 1 - would act more like $drawimage() than $imageabs() regarding its memory cache behaviour?
I think there's no need to keep album art for the current track in the memory and the "problem" described above ($albumart() doesn't recognize new added images immediately, because the old art "state" of the current track/artist is cached in memory) wouldn't exist.

Reply #672
@ssena: thank you so much for the wildcard onplaylist filter. It works great here and it makes things so much better!

Reply #673
v0.6.8.2b
* fixed(perhaps): $albumart with target=1 didn't load embedded albumart.

Wow, ssenna. You're really fast
Thanks again, its working now

EDIT:
@ssenna
Just to inform you: you packed a crash report to the zip file instead of the readme...

Reply #674
@Ssenna:

Thanx a lot for keeping to work on ELPlaylist, $albumart() is really a good add, thanx a lot.

Could i suggest $albumart() for Panel Stack Splitter too ? would be a coherent add with ELP for sure