Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting 24-bit FLAC files to 16-bit (Read 3288 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting 24-bit FLAC files to 16-bit

I have a live audio disk that contains 24-bit FLAC files.  That's fine if I want to play the files on my PC, but how do I convert 24-bit to 16-bit in order to burn to a CD?

I tried to use Foobar, by unclicking "Keep lossless sources at original bit depth", and verified that my "Preferred Bit Depth" is 16.  I then tried to burn the .wav files to a CD, but it didn't work for me.

I get these sorts of errors:

"found sampling rate 48000, require 44100"

"Header of audio file "X.wav" is corrupted"

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered many times, I searched around for 20 minutes or so, and came up with no answer.  I'm 100% clueless about bit-rate though, so that might have hindered my chances of success.

Reply #2
Assuming you have nero, you should just use foobar's burn CD function.  It will handle resampling for you.

Reply #3
Assuming you have nero, you should just use foobar's burn CD function.  It will handle resampling for you.

I'm starting to regret the decision to go with Roxio, although it was pre-loaded on my external burner, so I didn't have that much of a choice.  Nero seems to be mentioned favorably quite often. 

Thanks.