Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HA's site loading delays. (Read 4338 times) previous topic - next topic

HA's site loading delays.

Is anyone experiencing long delays when trying to access HA's pages?
I've noticed this problem recently, and the Portal itself takes up to 10 seconds to start to load.
LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #1
/me too
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #2
Sometimes, but not always. Nothing abnormal compared to other sites

Reply #3
Nope, there is always a delay... Unnoticeable on 56k (at home), but at work, where I could get a theoretical 200 MEG / sec, there is a delay of usually about 6 seconds before the portal shows up - obviously, with that kind of speed, websites usually pop up instantly.

2 things :

1. Patience is a virtue
2. The actual speed of the site once you are in is outstandingly good

Reply #4
Nope, there is always a delay... Unnoticeable on 56k (at home), but at work, where I could get a theoretical 200 MEG / sec, there is a delay of usually about 6 seconds before the portal shows up - obviously, with that kind of speed, websites usually pop up instantly.

I'm on cable and before the portal use to fully load on
2 or 3 seconds...
The 6 seconds delay(or more) is the exact thing here also.
Earlier today I experienced speeds below 1.2k.(less than a quarter of dial-up).

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #5
I don't think this delay has anything to do with connection speed, because I experience this every time. I've got a 100MBit full duplex connection and mostly use Opera 7.03, but have the same delay with IE.

Reply #6
Is anyone experiencing long delays when trying to access HA's pages?

Since the middle of December 2002.

The initial loading is typically 30secs, up to 2 min of course the actual loading time is variable (--alt-preset load HA faster).

I just have HA load in the background while I look at other sites, however once the portal page loads the speed is more-or-less what is expected on a 56k connection.

Reply #7
Anybody have idea when exactly this 6 sec delay with portal started? I hope not yesterday, because I did some modifications to the forum.
I didn't really pay attention to it until now.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #8
Approximately 2 month's ago the site was much faster.

Edit:
At the moment the site response is quick again.
And also the download speed from foobar2000 is normal again.
Hope it stays this way 

Reply #9
I work in the facility where Hydrogen Audio is hosted, which means I'm pretty much 3 Ethernet switches away from the machine.  I see page delays as well.  I imagine this is related to either load on the machine or database latency.

I'd try profiling some of the SQL queries for starters, as well as checking load levels on the machine.

Reply #10
[deleted]

Reply #11
I'm noticing no abnormal delays:

HydrogenAudio load average: 0.56, 0.77, 0.76

Besides a few zombie httpd processes, everything seems normal.

What's the output of "vmstat 1 15"?

Reply #12
It's Homeland Security.

With so much international traffic requesting pages from an American-based web server, John Ashcroft and his cronies are filtering the data flows. After all, talk about "cross-platform, cross-format psychoacoustic audio compression" sounds like a conduit for illicit activities.  B)

Reply #13
[deleted]

Reply #14
Nothing here, I never had any delays in the load of HA, I visit HA every day since about 10 months, I'm live in Argentina, and I run a 56 kb/s modem at home and ADSL 256 kb/s at work, but the same delay that do you have I noticed in a Spanish site that I visit daily (www.todoexpertos.com)
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)