Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dual video output problem (Read 1754 times) previous topic - next topic

Dual video output problem

Hi all.

i have had a look round and cant seem to find any info on what i want to do. i dont even know if it can be done.

i have a compaq presario laptop and i want to be able to use the external monitor port to display video via a projector using real player, divx player etc (i already have this working fine).
at the same time i want to have mixmiester pro dj software open on the same pc so that the projector shows the video, and the lcd screen shows mixmiester, so that i can mix the tunes.

so far i can only get both screens to show the same thing, or send the output to the external monitor.
i have tried to extend the desktop but i cant use full screen on the video then (to get rid of all the bits round the edge of the player and maximise the video size), and have tried a dual display set up (using windows display config settings) but when i send the output from real player to the external monitor the lcd goes black.

do any of you know how i can set this up as i am sick of having to take the tower to gigs as well as the laptop.
either a software or hardware fix will do, tho i do have a soundblaster live, mouse, and 2 external drives on the usb buss at the moment, so i would need to add a usb hub to bolt on more hardware.

if you need more info on my setup just ask (i may need a hint as to where to find what you need).

many thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Pamela
-x-
He meddled with things man was meant to leave alone