Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 105810 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #101
The component downloads appear to work when initiated from foobar2000.org, but not from foobar2000.com, which I wasn't even aware pointed at the correct site.

Reply #103
The component downloads appear to work when initiated from foobar2000.org, but not from foobar2000.com, which I wasn't even aware pointed at the correct site.

Fixed now.

Reply #104
Thanks for an excellent Foobar2000 component.

Would it be possible to have the 'mouse wheel notch seeks ahead/back' value at 1 second?
Secondly, the seekbar line/cursor is 3 pixels thick. How about an option to choose between thickness of 1-3 pixels?

Reply #105
The cursor width was set that way as it looked most decent. Minibar was never meant to have too much configuration...
Allowing thinner cursor will require coming up with nicer alphablending method. I'll attach a modified version here that allows finer seek control and has hard-coded thin cursor for you to test. But it really requires a new renderer.

Edit: test version removed.

Reply #106
The cursor width was set that way as it looked most decent. Minibar was never meant to have too much configuration...
Allowing thinner cursor will require coming up with nicer alphablending method. I'll attach a modified version here that allows finer seek control and has hard-coded thin cursor for you to test. But it really requires a new renderer.

Many thanks for the mod. I highly appreciate it. I noticed that the cursor seems to be blinking, regardless of FPS settings.
I guess  this is the unintentional rendering effect that you are referring to, and by increasing the width of the cursor the blinking goes away.

Reply #107
New version released with the seek accuracy improvements, cursor width configuration and improved cursor rendering.

Reply #108
Fab! Any chance right clicking on the actual waveform could automatically take us to its setting page? I reckon that could be quite handy.

Reply #109
I have missed a quick method to switch between linear and logarithmic scales so I added a context menu with link to settings and a way to swap mode.

Reply #111
Case,
Waveform Minibar (mod) component is perfect. I use it with pleasure.
Thank you very much!

Reply #112
@Case Cursor width changes in 'halt processing' mode like that:

Reply #113
Thanks, fixed. The no-waveform case still used old render code.

Reply #114
Thanks go to you!

Reply #115
Do it is possible to add a option to disable minibar.db saving or reset it at fb2k end session, to avoid inflating file?

Reply #116
How large database do you have? And you don't mind the scanning delay?

I can consider adding an option if you tell me you absolutely need it.

Note that you can make the database file read-only and it won't be altered anymore.

Reply #117
How large database do you have? And you don't mind the scanning delay?
i didn't go on to make it grow.  Delays are not a problem.
I can consider adding an option if you tell me you absolutely need it.
would be appreciated, also to avoid unnecessary writing on sd
Note that you can make the database file read-only and it won't be altered anymore.
I've already tried to make the file read-only but the plugin overwrites it anyway.

Reply #118
Hi, I have a problem with latest version of foobar (1.4.4), I've installed minibar, restarted program, but it isn't visible in toolbar section?

Reply #121
In the Default UI, you cannot add custom UI elements to the toolbar, there's no SDK extension point for that.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #123
^ With Layout Editing on, you right-click a section you want to change, select Replace UI Element, choose a Splitter (top/bottom) to divide the section in two. Then click the empty space and select Waveform Minibar from the list. You can also right-click and Cut/Copy/Paste to move elements around. Here is a quick video.

(Any further questions should be made in a new thread)

Reply #124
Thank you very very much, great editing mode for be 8) ginners!