Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 105826 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #50
Hi again, maybe it was missed or poorly phrased by me so I'll try to rise this again: can we have progress display/cursor back visible while scanning is halted? Like in previous version. Now when halted it displays nothing.

Reply #51
If your machine is busy and hasn't managed to decode one second worth of audio data after one second since decoder was opened, the scanning gets aborted. After that one second marker the check is constantly in use. If average decoding speed drops below realtime speed things get aborted.

That was probably a reason. I think my machine was busy at time that happened. But it isn't really a big problem as it seems to happen very rarely so far.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #52
Do you mean default splitters used in the DUI? Default UI calls UI pieces "elements", Columns UI uses term panels and has third party panel splitter(s) available.
The component scales itself to any panel size it is given and doesn't resize anything. If you think there's a bug somewhere I need more clear instructions.

Yes I was referring to default splitters and elements, sorry for any confusion. I have sent you a private message with more details.

Reply #53
Got the PM and reproduced the issue. A bug in foobar2000, I replicated the issue with native UI elements too.

Edit: bug reported to Peter.

Reply #54
@no9 - new version uploaded that only disables waveform rendering. Previous version turned the render loop fully off so cursor had to be blanked or it would have stayed in one place.

Reply #55
Everything is in the place now, so thanks again :)

Reply #56
@Lucidae foobar2000 v1.4 beta 21 has a fix for the resize bug.

Reply #57
Thanks for this component! Perfect!

Reply #58
I want to report a bug.
In Preferences | Display | Columns UI | Colours and Fonts | Colours is in the Element dropdown list an random entry showing up twice. This is, because the component Waveform Minibar (mod) is not returning a name and one of the existing names ends up getting reused instead.
See the complete discussion on GitHub reupen/columns_ui, Issue #137.

Reply #59
Thanks, nasty bug been there since I added the automatic coloring. Fixed versions uploaded.

Reply #60
Case and Zao, I love the waveform components. Thanks for the great work!

I just added Minibar to a tab in the bottom of my interface, right next to the original Seekbar. Minibar works perfectly, but right-click brings up no configuration options (it does with all the other components). I'm not in layout editing mode. I've restarted foobar2000. Is there some other way to access the config?

foobar2000 1.4, Windows 10

Reply #61
Minibar doesn't have per-instance configuration. If you use the mod version you'll find all options under "Tools" -> "Waveform Minibar (mod)" preferences page.

Reply #62
Ahh--that's it! Thanks so much.

A suggestion: audio waveforms are often displayed in a logarithmic scale to more closely match the way our ears hear acoustic energy. Could you add a log scale display option? Waveforms would be much fuller.

Somebody already did the math in a SoundCloud-looking mod for Seekbar, if you wanted to track that down.

Good info and graphs here: http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_info/decibels/

Reply #63
Minibar was supposed to be simple and now it starts to have more options than anything...

You want something like this:

Edit: Attachment removed as the component is now released.

Reply #64
OK--that's just freaky. Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. You nailed it!

Copious thanks, and apologies for requesting yet one more not-so-simple feature. At least it wasn't too hard to implement.

Alexander Graham Bell (and his ten little decibels) are forever in your debt...

Reply #65
@Case,
the Minibar doesn't display anything (except the cursor) for some YouTube links. Here are some links for testing:
Code: [Select]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkkzOz5iLE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ItHLz5WEA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-P4QBt-FWw
Please take a look if there is time. Thanks!

Reply #66
There's a new experimental feature to prevent the component from wasting too much processing time on slow machines and/or prevent playback by stealing bandwidth from playback thread. If seekbar extraction happens at sub-realtime speed the component will abort the operation. I can add an option to disable it.

Reply #67
Please, if it's not difficult for you.

Reply #68
New version with an option to disable the speed checking released.

Reply #69
Yes, the wave is now displayed. So far everything is super. Thanks!

Reply #71
@Case,
Please test the behavior of the component for long files such as YouTube clips.
1. Can you consider the possibility of implementing the component stop mode when playback is stopped? When I interrupt the playback, the component continues to draw the wave and uploading the file.

2. It is probably better to continue drawing the wave (or start drawing again) after the cancel of the "Halt minibar processing" mode for the same file.

The link for testing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xGerv5FOk
Thank you!

Reply #72
Works as it should as far as I can see. Do you want me to blacklist youtube?

Reply #73
Ability to right click on the track's waveform same as on playlists. since track might have been deleted or removed from the playlist view.
@Case
Thanks for the Great Work!

Reply #74
Do you want me to blacklist youtube?
Of course not. I will explain.
1. If you start playback a clip, the Minibar starts drawing a wave.
If you stop playback the clip (before the end of the wave drawing), the Minibar will continue to draw the wave until it finishes. Right ?
Therefore should be a mode to stop wave drawing when the playback of the clip is stopped. Isn't it ?
Please test this behavior of the Minibar using for example this long clip:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PmMuPYeK08