Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 105797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #125
Hi,
It may have been asked already: Would it be possible to have a transparency settings for custom colors, going from 0 to 255? It would allow a nice integration on custom-made themes.

Reply #126
I don't quite understand the request. If you make foobar2000 transparent all elements respect that. If you wish to mix the colors with the background color you can just calculate the desired value yourself.

Reply #127
Background image : ) I would like to put this waveform over the currently played cover artwork

Reply #128
Seems to be a hacky feature of some panel splitter component. I'll keep the request in mind but don't rely on it getting implemented.

Reply #129
Case: There's some old posts regarding the CUI panel stack component over in the Waveform Seekbar thread somewhere.
Back there I pretty much dismissed it as I couldn't figure out how to blend my D3D9 render targets and didn't want to bother with D2D/GDI.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #130
Yep, I understand for sure, thanks

Reply #131
The attached sample (WAV, 48 kHz, 32bit float, mono, 2 samples lenght) will make foobar2000 (1.4.5) hang when Waveform Minibar (mod) 1.0.25 is active:

Reply #132
Sorry for the trouble. The component was meant to upsample short tracks to get enough sample points but the feature was entirely broken. Uploaded a fixed version.

Reply #133
Hi Case!
Thanks for the update, works fine and troubleless :-)

I checked the new Cursor Width option and it is nice, but now, as we can change the width, we "need" another setting:
Code: [Select]
[x] transparent cursor
so a width 10 cursor looks fancy and not blocky 8-)

Reply #134
Sorry for the trouble. The component was meant to upsample short tracks to get enough sample points but the feature was entirely broken. Uploaded a fixed version.

Thanks! Working fine now!

Reply #135
we "need" another setting:
Code: [Select]
[x] transparent cursor
so a width 10 cursor looks fancy and not blocky 8-)
I just uploaded a version with some configuration changes for that.

Reply #136
I read earlier that Case doesn't want to add a stereo option. But would adding the option to select a right or left wave form option have the same end result as giving the seekbar a stereo operation? In terms of nuking things, I mean. If so then I won't ask what I am sure you already know I want to ask.

Reply #137
One feature that may not be mentioned anywhere is that the scanned waveforms are only saved for tracks that are in the media library. If you test files outside library the waveforms won't pollute the database as they are only stored temporarily in memory.
This is important information. I've been surprised that waveforms of (streamed) tracks decoded by foo_youtube are created again and again after every restart, even though (as it was directly observed) component allows to set some track identification option in preferences and introduces a database in foobar2000 directory.

Now I know why. And now I see that this behavior is described in many places: in quoted message, on component's homepage and in documentation, linked from component's page on foobar2000.org. But it somehow wasn't enough to reach me in time proper to prevent confusion.

Maybe it could be seen as unnecessary now, but basing on this experience and to ease understanding of component's limitations intended features for new users, could you please add this information in starting post of this topic and directly on component's page on foobar2000.org?

Thank you for component, it's usable anyway and it's good to have it and it's nice of you to support it.

Reply #138
I read earlier that Case doesn't want to add a stereo option. But would adding the option to select a right or left wave form option have the same end result as giving the seekbar a stereo operation? In terms of nuking things, I mean.
Nuking the database isn't the biggest problem. No nuking would be required as configured channel could just be used for new scans. But picking only one channel of a multi channel track makes no sense to me. In the rare case when there are differences the waveform display could be a complete lie.

Maybe it could be seen as unnecessary now, but basing on this experience and to ease understanding of component's limitations intended features for new users, could you please add this information in starting post of this topic and directly on component's page on foobar2000.org?
Good point. Added. The component could perhaps also use a possibility of saving the scan results for streams.

Reply #139
Do it is possible to add a option to disable minibar.db saving or reset it at fb2k end session, to avoid inflating file?
New version uploaded with the ability to select what gets saved in the database. Default behavior hasn't changed but it's now possible to additionally save results for streams, save everything, or save nothing. With the last option no database gets created and if one exists, it isn't loaded.

I also made the seek hack DSP hidden so it isn't messing the regular DSP config listing.

Reply #140
nice :)

I have created a junction of minibar.db (with Link Shell Extension by Hermann Schinagl) to my C:\temp directoy, so it does not overgrow my f2k directory (backing up this folder regulary is fast, but not, if minibar.db gets >500MB, which happens very fast here.

Maybe it is useful for other user too, that you add a user definable directory (relative (..\bla) to f2k install dir, or fixed C:\bla)) to store the minibar.db ?

I'm wondering too, if you could put the preferences "track to prefer when showing waveform" to the contextmenu (when rightclicking on the waveform), so users can switch fastly and do not need to open prefs, change setting, press ok, and change it back when needed, and open the prefs again for it..
I often like to change to "selected track", while my default setting is "playing, selected when stopped", but I don't want to stop the music ;-)) It could be faster to accomplish, with rightclick on waveform and quickly click one of the four entries.

One small thing:
I had set up f2k from scratch and did not configured the library, though, your menu entry in menu->library->sync minibar with library was visible (not greyed out) but did nothing 8-]

Thank you, I enjoy your component every day (and actually, with every song)!

Reply #141
I read earlier that Case doesn't want to add a stereo option. But would adding the option to select a right or left wave form option have the same end result as giving the seekbar a stereo operation? In terms of nuking things, I mean.
Nuking the database isn't the biggest problem. No nuking would be required as configured channel could just be used for new scans. But picking only one channel of a multi channel track makes no sense to me. In the rare case when there are differences the waveform display could be a complete lie.

Fair enough, I just like stereo layouts and it has helped me out quite a lot. I learned an adapter I was using was actually switching the left and right, never really noticed it before as I didn't listen to anything I actually knew that intimately. I did find a way to use both of the seek bars I rather like. I remembered I could stick them into tabs and switch between them rather quickly.

Reply #142
Hi, i can't display any Waveform, it's activated but i have no way to make it appearing.

Reply #143
What do you mean by it being "activated"?

The "Waveform minibar (mod)" element needs to be added to the user interface and its processing must not be turned off. The off-switch is currently located under the Library main menu and it's called "Halt minibar processing".

Are you playing local files or streams? With streams the component can do nothing.

The waveform by default uses colors from the user interface. I think with Columns UI one could configure global colors to all be the same but use custom colors in elements to retain visibility. Doing such a thing would probably make the minibar appear blank with the default settings.

If none of these are the cause for the problem check console (main menu View -> Console) to see if there are any errors reported.

Reply #144
What do you mean by it being "activated"?

The "Waveform minibar (mod)" element needs to be added to the user interface and its processing must not be turned off. The off-switch is currently located under the Library main menu and it's called "Halt minibar processing".

Are you playing local files or streams? With streams the component can do nothing.

The waveform by default uses colors from the user interface. I think with Columns UI one could configure global colors to all be the same but use custom colors in elements to retain visibility. Doing such a thing would probably make the minibar appear blank with the default settings.

If none of these are the cause for the problem check console (main menu View -> Console) to see if there are any errors reported.

I mean the plug-in is activated in Foobar to be sure.

So i must synchronize WFMB with all my media library (it will take hours) ? Or is it able to generate WF on the fly ? I only read local files.

I have no way to add it to the user interface (see the screenshot).

Thanks for your help.

Reply #145
No need to synchronize anything in advance - the component will scan tracks as needed. The problem here is that you don't have the seekbar in your interface. Below are step-by-step instructions how to add it:

Reply #146
No need to synchronize anything in advance - the component will scan tracks as needed. The problem here is that you don't have the seekbar in your interface. Below are step-by-step instructions how to add it:

Awesome, didn't know i had to get into the Layout Editing Mode to manually add that splitter, thanks a lot ;)

Smoothing request

Reply #147
Hello! Firstly, thanks for developing and improving the original component!

I have a request. Is it possible to add some smoothing to the waveform like in the original component? I've added a screenshot for comparison.

Best regards

Reply #148
Smoothing is unlikely to be added as I prefer the sharp look. Have you tried simulating it by setting the RMS color to black and regular color to dark gray?

Reply #149
Only just discovered that this exists.
It's really nice, but without stereo I'm not going to use it unfortunately. The ability to compare channels is something I use quite a lot. Is it definitely never going to be a feature?