Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Peakmeter for Columns UI (Read 207413 times) previous topic - next topic

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #75

I wrote a new component: foo_uie_peakmeter. The component displays the level for each channel in dB. 

[a href="http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foouiepeakmeteryi4.jpg" target="_blank"]

a+

Br3tt

falstaff you got that peak meter in the new config. for downloading right now? or is it your own personal one , thats nice very nice. i like that i hope you hook that up soon for downloading . TGHANK YOU...

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #76
I think the ability to have a transparent background so configs like Br3tt's can allow the reflection to be seen behind the bars... looking forward to your next release

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #77

don't work with mono .mp3 file ... why don't rendering the L and R channels like 'front center' at the same when mono ?

[a href="http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peakmeternotworkbr4.png" target="_blank"]

Thank you! Peakmeter works also with mono files (front center channel). The component shows the channels like foobar used them. But it's a good idea for an optionally feature! So you don't need the front center channel visible to view the level of mono files.

Why don't you just use the included DSP plugin "Convert mono to Stereo" in your DSP chain?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #78

@Sysagent
Right click on the Peakmeter panel > Lock panel is checked?

LOL!

Yes...

Duh

I am having same trouble as Sysagent.  But when I right click on the panel 'preferences' appears and I don't see any 'Lock Panel' I am using 0.2 which I believe is the latest version.
Any help appreciated.
TIA
MR E

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #79

I wrote a new component: foo_uie_peakmeter. The component displays the level for each channel in dB. 

[a href="http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7260/split061oc9.png" target="_blank"]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7260/split061oc9.png

a+

Br3tt

falstaff you got that peak meter in the new config. for downloading right now? or is it your own personal one , thats nice very nice. i like that i hope you hook that up soon for downloading . TGHANK YOU...

Peakmeter included in my v0.6.1 (not realease for download yet)

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #80

don't work with mono .mp3 file ... why don't rendering the L and R channels like 'front center' at the same when mono ?

[a href="http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peakmeternotworkbr4.png" target="_blank"]

Thank you! Peakmeter works also with mono files (front center channel). The component shows the channels like foobar used them. But it's a good idea for an optionally feature! So you don't need the front center channel visible to view the level of mono files.

Why don't you just use the included DSP plugin "Convert mono to Stereo" in your DSP chain?

of course !! you're right  work fine now. thanx

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #81
Any ETA on a possible update ? I am realllly looking forward to the vertical version of this component.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #82
With more customization options this can be a seriously awesome plugin.

I'm using it with Columns UI at the moment, with all 6 master bars at the bottom - Once we can have vertical bars, I'll move every bar to its own location so they surround me just as my speakers do.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #83
Any ETA on a possible update ? I am realllly looking forward to the vertical version of this component.

I'm working on it. So please exercise patience . The next version including the vertical option will be build soonest in one or two weeks.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #84
Linkie dead ? 

Cheers

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #86
Link isn't working for me either.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #91
foo_PM: thanks for the really cool component. I'm looking forward to seeing your vertical verson, and the suggestions about having some options for the peak hold function are good ideas, especially allowing for some delay time before the peak decays.

I do have one question but I'm not sure if it's about peakmeter or not - why have a scale that goes beyond 0dB when the meter is showing a digital file being played? How can a digital audio file of any type have a level that goes past 0 dB? Isn't 0 dB an absolute limit in this case? I can see that Falstaf's post #71 shows a screenshot with peak holds that are a bit above +3, but I don't understand how that can happen.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #92
I do have one question but I'm not sure if it's about peakmeter or not - why have a scale that goes beyond 0dB when the meter is showing a digital file being played? How can a digital audio file of any type have a level that goes past 0 dB? Isn't 0 dB an absolute limit in this case? I can see that Falstaf's post #71 shows a screenshot with peak holds that are a bit above +3, but I don't understand how that can happen.

im no expert in this but i think it can be done with DSP couldnt it?

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #93

Yes, you are right. If you got a normalized file with 0dB peak and a DSP (the equalizer for example) increase the level up to +1 dB the peakmeter shows +1 dB. You can test it with the integrated equalizer.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #94

I'm not using any DSP components in fb2k right now, but I do have output set to 24-bit. I was just playing an mp3 file with quite a bit of compression, and I did see the peak hold go beyond 0 to about +3dB. I changed fb2k back to 16-bit output and it still happened, so I'm still confused about this.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #96
Thanks for the plugin. A VERY nice one. The one I've been waiting for sooo long. What about adding numerical values for the peaks? Again, thanks. Keep up good work.

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #97
Hi foo_pm !!

I've a request to you,

Could you add an option in settings to get a transparent background ?

I ask that because Most of new PanelsUI config manage transparency (mine too, i'm working on it  )

using Peakmeter component with transparent config under PanelsUI render so ugly beacause of the plain background in Peakmeter... so i might be forced to remove it from my config when transparency is activated

Hope i'll have not to do this, i really love your component, so please, tell me if it is possible to have soon a such option for transparent bg in your Peakmeter ?

Thanx by advance,

Br3tt

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #98
^
+1. This component sure looks promising. At the moment though I can't use it since I can't configure it to match my config. I'd really like to be able to set transparent background for both panel and range. And the ability to remove channel box (L, R etc.).

Peakmeter for Columns UI

Reply #99

I'm not using any DSP components in fb2k right now, but I do have output set to 24-bit. I was just playing an mp3 file with quite a bit of compression, and I did see the peak hold go beyond 0 to about +3dB. I changed fb2k back to 16-bit output and it still happened, so I'm still confused about this.

Sorry, i can't reproduce this behaviour. I don't think it's a problem about peakmeter.