Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_miditransport - Control Foobar from external MIDI controller (Read 13034 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_miditransport - Control Foobar from external MIDI controller

I've just made a plugin to remotely control Foobar playback through "MIDI Transport", aka the play/stop/req/ff/... buttons found on MIDI controllers such as keyboards, mixers, etc:

You can configure the MIDI CC message for each function, although default values should work out of the box for various controllers. It should also work with MMC commands, but I've not tested it. Here is the preferences page:

It is very handy if you happen to play keyboards over songs reproduced with foobar, and you don't want to reach keyboard/mouse to change track or pause/rew/ff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3vIMChZtG8...eature=youtu.be

Download version 1.0. Will eventually put it in github if further development is needed.

foo_miditransport - Control Foobar from external MIDI controller

Reply #1
Thanks for making this plugin. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. Maybe you can Help? A picture is worth a thousand words;
Midi settings
I am using FL Studio Midi out  with midi yoke. Foobar is seeing the messages, but for the life of me after fooling with many CC settings I cannot get it to work. I am sure I am setting the CC messages wrong?
I want to be able to play my Midi files with FL Studio and at the same time play a muted mp3 of the same song in Foobar, with the Minilyrics plugin running.
That way I can play my custom backing tracks and have full mixing capabilities with FL Studio, And still have the scrolling lyrics  in sync that I so much desire for live performances.

Re: foo_miditransport - Control Foobar from external MIDI controller

Reply #2
I can't get this plugin to install. Whether adding it manually or installing it from the .zip. It appears then I restart foobar to apply the changes and it's not in the list.

I'd really love to be able to use my MPK49s transport controls to pause/play/stop etc.

EDIT: nevermind, got it to install.

Reply #3
Cool!
good thinking.

I wonder how come audio producing software/hardware never has any midi control anymore.
Not even a 200$ soundcard ?!!!!

Reply #4
Hello There

I just purchased the "Presonus Faderport" -> https://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort for me favourite Audio-Edit Software... which works very nice and comfortable... :-)
And I recognised then suddenly, that this thing would be very very very perfect for controlling the Foobar Player as well! 
Play/Stop/Seek+/Seek-/Next/Previous/Volume/Pan

For example: When I "monitor"  the MIDI Channel then I get such Information:

Button "Play"  (Push&release):
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 15:14:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:68:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:4:0:0

Button "Stop"  (Push&release):
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:67:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:3:0:0

Button "Next"  (Push&release):
(Shift then "User"):

MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 15:11:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:66:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 15:27:0:0
MIDI IN - Channel: 1 - Message: CC - 47:64:0:0
and all this has no meaning for me...  I do not understand the code... and I have no clue how to config it for FB2k...
The plugin recognises the input of the Faderport (or at least parts of it.. Volumefader does not give any clear signals)
Is someone out there who would have fun to make it work for me?
I even would give a little obolus when YOU can make it work .. :-)

Please contact me, Thank you

best regards
René MAEXCHEN Erdenberger

Reply #5
I cannot for the life of me, understand why someone would go to the trouble of writing this add on to Foobar, sharing it, and then not provide any help to the people who want to use it. ???????

Reply #6
The developer has only posted to this forum twice, and not since posting this topic.

Reply #7
Updated to version 1.1.

Added "CC Trigger Threshold" option - previously it was fixed to 127, so you had to press very hard if you were using pads with velocity.

Link: foo_miditransport 1.1

Reply #8
installed and I'm using it with a Maschine MkII, works perfectly.

Thanks dude!

Reply #9
Maybe it help for someone. setup put plugin to foobar2000\user-components\foo_miditransport\foo_miditransport\
and plugin didnt work in foobar2000, move plugin to foobar2000\user-components\foo_miditransport\ and it will be work

Reply #10
Hey, the links are dead and can't find it anywhere, is this still available?  I just got a Behringer X-Touch control surface and would love MIDI control.
Author of -Wavpack4Wavelab- and -CheckWavpackFiles-

Reply #11
.. ignore, they suddenly worked, temporary glitch.
Author of -Wavpack4Wavelab- and -CheckWavpackFiles-

Reply #12
Is there any way to get this component? None of the links here work anymore. The author's homepage is cleaned out as it seems. Could anyone upload the latest version somewhere?