Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1 track on CD not ripping properly to MP3 in any converter (Read 3484 times) previous topic - next topic

1 track on CD not ripping properly to MP3 in any converter

I have an audio CD with one track on it that doesn't rip properly when I use most freeware converters. The CD skips a shitload during the last minute or 2 of the song and it's really annoying.

I tried to download Exact Audio Copy and I can't get it to convert all tracks to 320kbps CBR even when I choose 320kbps. Something is wrong with the software I think, the size of the file is 320 like but it doesn't say 320 under bit-rate.

The CD doesn't skip when played as a normal audio CD so it's a ripping issue.

Help?

Reply #1
Check the disc for fingerprints and other than that try ripping it with another drive.  Over the years I've had a few CDs that would not rip through on my primary PC but eventually completed on another.  In all likelihood the issue has nothing to do with software.

Reply #2
Disc is perfectly clean. I'll try ripping it on another computer.

Reply #3
Check the disc for fingerprints and other than that try ripping it with another drive.  Over the years I've had a few CDs that would not rip through on my primary PC but eventually completed on another.  In all likelihood the issue has nothing to do with software.

The same thing seems to happen when I rip it on my laptop. The CD when being ripped to MP3 doesn't register that last track for some reason. It plays it perfectly as an audio CD but doesn't want that last track to be ripped to MP3. It doesn't matter though, I got a pirated copy of that last song in 320 to replace the one that doesn't want to be converted for some reason.

Reply #4
You might want to try other drives.  If the disk is slightly distorted, some drives might still be able to read it.  If it is just plain damaged then any drive will struggle.

Dedicated audio CD drives will play whatever you put in them, at progressively worse audio quality as they attempt to smooth over any data errors.  It might be that your audio player has a drive good enough to retrieve the audio properly, or it might just be doing a good job of error interpolation and you don't notice the join.

Are you using any form of "exact ripping" software.  They may be able to get good data off the disk by various jiggery-pokery, although it might be very slow.

Reply #5
I have an audio CD with one track on it that doesn't rip properly when I use most freeware converters. The CD skips a shitload during the last minute or 2 of the song and it's really annoying.

I tried to download Exact Audio Copy and I can't get it to convert all tracks to 320kbps CBR even when I choose 320kbps. Something is wrong with the software I think, the size of the file is 320 like but it doesn't say 320 under bit-rate.

The CD doesn't skip when played as a normal audio CD so it's a ripping issue.

Help?

A shot in the dark...but is this album Spirit by Comedy Of Errors?