Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 778422 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #525
I want to suggest adding even more flexibility, while switching Facets source from "Playlist" to "Library":

Like if we use Search action in Facets, and we clear the search query, Facets keep selection on searched results.
I think that providing same feature while switching from "Playlist" to "Library" source, i.e. select focused track from active playlist view if track is in Library.
That way, by simply switching from Library to Playlist and back again, we could have faceted representation of current focused track while not introducing new features, but just reusing existing.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #526
Thank you for this great component!
I noticed a problem with my pc, i'm running foobar in portable mode under W7:
Facets works good exept for the scrolling with the touchpad (two finger scrolling, it's a Synaptics touchpad).
It just won't scroll.
With an external mouse it works though.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #527
Hey! Sorry if this was already answered, but I am having a problem. I want to set it up so that once the song is done playing, it plays the next one. It worked like this until I used Facets. How do I fix this? Thank you!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #528
you might want to check if you have Playback>Stop after current
ticked.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #529
So I have a pane set up to show all of the albums for the selected artist. It shows the cover art for each album with the title of the album and the duration below it. I recently changed how I organize my music folder (basically I stopped using SimPlaylist so I had to go back to having a copy of the cover art in each disc's folder for multidisc albums instead of just one in the album's root directory).

Now Facets isn't showing the cover art for multidisc albums. Does anyone know why that would happen? I can provide screenshots if needed.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #530
i think it's a known issue. either reference a single image in the parent folder or have all tracks (with discnumber as part of the filename) in the one folder with an image.

edit: when i say "known", i mean it's been reported before. as it hasn't been updated in ages i don't think anything is going to be done.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #531
Too bad Facets isn't updated anymore. It's a great plugin.

Thanks for the answer though.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #532
I love this plugin and it is a central piece of my foobar2000 customization. It gives me the best overview over my music with the columns sorted by year, album artist, cover art and songs. Great: 10 of 10 points. I don't know if this plugin is updated anymore but since it hasn't updated for some years, it still works without problems here.

It would be nice to get a hint from Frank, if he is willing to update it or if he simply lost interest (without any judgement from my side).  I never made a Foobar plugin yet. But if Frank is willing to hand over his code I would try to learn it instead of trying to rewrite it. ;-)

Anyway, all I would like to say is: Great plugin! Toll.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #533
Hi guys. Sorry if this has been covered before.

I want to be able to select an artist from the artist list to the left, and have all the albums from that artist show up in the album art view.
At the moment it doesn't do anything:

This is what I want:

Now they are both 2 separate UI elements because of my layout. I want to use the cover view for having an easier view of all my albums to choose from, but I'd still like to use my playlist which I select from the tab next to "Cover View".

I remember using another playlist viewer that had the albums in a grid view and when you double clicked it would change to a playlist. That was good, but the reason I changed was because I like the look of this new playlist and most importantly it has the album length.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #534
hi frank...
at first: i love facets...

What i miss: a button to reset facets in standart (in every pane "all" is marked, or user defined standart marks, like 5 stars at first, all other in "all"), while i use up to 7 panes!

What i wish: a previous and next button. for example: to jump to the last marked position

what i hate: greyed braces...example artist [Re:Jazz] is grey (delete this funktion per settings!)

my english is bad, i can write you in german... :-)

LG Frank

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #535
Major thanks to the author for this component, has been a must-have since re-discovering Fb2k, and have recommended it consistently to new users. Thought I'd share a couple of things I'd love to see, based on my use of it.

Feature requests

- Ability to set custom cover art size.

- Ability to set custom Search bar focus hotkey (or ideally just a toggleable Ctrl+F by default), as keyboard shortcuts are easier and faster in regular use. Additionally a 'type to search' would be useful, allow the user to filter/search the library by simply typing anywhere when Facets is focused.

Hopefully these can be considered, especially the search field functionality. Thanks again for all the great work

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #538
So there is no way to turn off the dimming of things in parentheses and brackets?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #539
correct.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #540
So there is no way to turn off the dimming of things in parentheses and brackets?

But you can negate those effects by using foobar's built-in "highlighting" (although a tag's value may make this more complicated if it contains parentheses/brackets).

Change '['%date%']' to '>>['%date%']<<', for example.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #541
Hey, my FB2k keeps crashing, and when i run troubleshoot mode to start it up again it names Facets as the UI that cuased the crash.. any help??

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #542
sometimes a component marked as unstable might not be the cause of problems on your particular setup. the obvious way to check this is by removing the component and seeing how you get on. if it does turn out to be the cause, i doubt much can be done to help because it doesn't seem to be under development any more.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #543
from the documentation: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ts%29#Album_art

Images can be resized/zoomed by holding the Ctrl key and rotating the mouse wheel.

This is probably a silly question, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I to select the album cover, hold down ctrl and then scroll the wheel?  This is what I'm doing but nothing. I've tried it in and out of edit mode. And to be sure, this is for when facets is set to Display > Album art?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #544
just hover you mouse over the art, hold ctrl and scroll. it works for me. whether editing mode is on or off doesn't make any difference.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #545
just hover you mouse over the art, hold ctrl and scroll. it works for me. whether editing mode is on or off doesn't make any difference.

It doesn't seem to be working for me, but thanks for confirming the method. Scrolling up and down with nothing happening was frustrating as hell.

I'm on a laptop. It might be my settings, I'll investigate further.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #546
Is there a way to use Facets own Statistics values in custom formating for a column? I'm wanting to include the 'Items' statistic but use it within some other formatting in a custom column.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #547
Hello All,

I really appreciate Facets since long time. As far as I know, there are no similar plugin so far.

I'm posting today because there is one important missing feature though: there is no caching of images therefore it takes too long when opening Facets. It is really annoying with big libraries. Don't you think the same ?

As Facets development has been stopped, I was wondering if it would be possible to improve Facets: from scratch, from original code, ... (Frank are you here?  ) Did someone had same idea already?
EDIT: I am senior SW developer, more familiar with C than C++ but I like challenges 

As I was too lazy to go through all 22 pages, I may have missed some info pointing already this problem, so sorry in advance for repeating!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #548
I'm posting today because there is one important missing feature though: there is no caching of images therefore it takes too long when opening Facets. It is really annoying with big libraries. Don't you think the same ?

The topic of image caching has come up several times. It doesn't seem likely that Facets will ever have that feature.

My solution was to put all of my cover images into a folder on my SSD. The difference is night and day.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #549

It doesn't seem to be working for me, but thanks for confirming the method. Scrolling up and down with nothing happening was frustrating as hell.

I'm on a laptop. It might be my settings, I'll investigate further.

Is it possible you're trying to CTRL + scroll in the playlist generated by Facets? Because that doesn't work. However, if you opt to see artwork in one of the columns you set up for Facets, resizing works exactly as described.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.