Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Funny response after shuffle play (Read 3120 times) previous topic - next topic

Funny response after shuffle play

When i listen to music i usually load up my entire music collection and play on shuffle. Then when i get to a particular section of songs (songs on the same CD), I turn off the shuffle and use next/prev to find other songs around the current one being play.

Unfortunately foobar keeps in its "memory" the previous song it has played from the shuffle. So when i click prev, it doesn't go the the prev song in the play list (eg song #24 to song #23), but instead the prev song in the shuffle (eg. song #24 to song #53).

It also happens when i'm still in shuffle and click prev to go one song back in the shuffle, turn of the shuffle and click next. It plays the next song in the shuffle, not the next song in the play list.

Also slightly related to this, is there an option in  foobar to show the position in the playlist of the current song being play (similar to the winamp playlist)?

Reply #1
Regarding previous, it is a history of the songs played and thats how its designed to work. For example, doubleclick one song, then another, then another. The back song will take you back through them.

Regarding playlist position, you can do it in title formatting ( %_playlist_number% )

Reply #2
if that's so, then it's a little odd to my mind, though perhaps it would be nice *only* in the instance of shuffle play.  Once shuffle has been turned off it should navigate through the playlist as listed, just makes more sense.

Reply #3
I do see your points, whilst i doubt some one would go change shuffle and start pressing back, maybe two functions, Last and Back, could replace it, or more simpler an option in prefs or the menu along the lines of "Use Song History for previous"...

Edit: actually i see your point even more now  , you'd be turning of shuffle to go back through the playlist..

Reply #4
if that's so, then it's a little odd to my mind, though perhaps it would be nice *only* in the instance of shuffle play.  Once shuffle has been turned off it should navigate through the playlist as listed, just makes more sense.

I see your point and second this

Reply #5
Standard keys, up/down arrows navigate through the playlist.