Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Integrated web browsing within foobar2000? (Read 4350 times) previous topic - next topic

Integrated web browsing within foobar2000?

Hey guys,

I have been using foobar2000 for awhile now, and have just switched to it at work however I need to be able to watch my cameras which is a simple http website address.

Is there a plugin which allows me to surf/browse the internet from within foobar2000?

Cheers

Jared

Reply #1
I don't understand the use case here. Why not use a web browser?

Reply #4
Emacs is a great OS yet it lacks a decent text editor

Reply #5
Replace 'read mail' by 'make coffee'. (Emacs can. It does have some useless features though, like vi mode, which even Bill Joy doesn't use.)

Reply #6
As I said, we use a very basic web interface to access our cameras. see example of what i'm casing below;

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jared

Reply #7
Have you considered doing the opposite and have foobar2000 run inside a web browser?

Perhaps you could use foo_httpcontrol and modify one of its browser templates to include your camera interface. A simple iframe would do the trick.

Reply #8
Thanks ecko

I will give this a try shortly.

Cheers

Reply #9
Fantastic, works a treat. will tweak my layout!

Thanks again