• [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: foo_discogs
Reply #2500
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

• eamatag71
  • [*]
Reply #2501
It's strange, but my discogs app on android phone doesn't display images too....

• eamatag71
  • [*]
Reply #2502
If somebody finds something don't forget to post it here!!!!

• eamatag71
  • [*]
Reply #2503
Now it works.....it's a mystery....

• fuffi
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2504
hi zoomorph,

what does this error message on this release want to tell me and how can I fix it (on discogs or with a setting in your fine component) ?
Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 515: JSON Parser Exception\u0000 is not allowed

[ESCAPE to close]

• alec.tron
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2505
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 515: JSON Parser Exception\u0000 is not allowed

[ESCAPE to close]
u0000 is a 'null' character, which is present in the notes of the release page:
"The sound of X Couleur 3"
X being the Null character foo_discog trips on. So if you remove that and resubmit this release it should parse I would think.
Hope this helps.
c.

• fuffi
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2506
X being the Null character foo_discog trips on. So if you remove that and resubmit this release it should parse I would think.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
and why is it not allowed in the component, but allowed in the discogs database?

• zoomorph
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #2507
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
and why is it not allowed in the component, but allowed in the discogs database?
It shouldn't be allowed in the database and provides zero value, but it seems that it is allowed. It's not allowed in the component because it's not supposed to be allowed in JSON and the component uses a JSON parsing library which throws that error.

• fuffi
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2508
Thank you for explanation!
I see.

Another question:

My mapping for VINYLTRACK is:
$multi_if($multi_or($multi_strstr($put(fmt,%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%),'Vinyl'),$multi_strstr($get(fmt),'Acetate')),%TRACK_DISCOGS_TRACK_NUMBER%,)
When writing tags from this release, I get

"B1; B1"

instead of (my expectation...)
"B1"

Does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong? (to get only "B1")

• fuffi
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2509
Another question:

Why is the fine component creating a 5CD release, when it is actually a 3CD release?
(Trackcounting is freshly started for CD4 and CD5 which do not exist.)

• zoomorph
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #2510
Thank you for explanation!
I see.

Another question:

My mapping for VINYLTRACK is:
$multi_if($multi_or($multi_strstr($put(fmt,%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%),'Vinyl'),$multi_strstr($get(fmt),'Acetate')),%TRACK_DISCOGS_TRACK_NUMBER%,)
When writing tags from this release, I get

"B1; B1"

instead of (my expectation...)
"B1"

Does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong? (to get only "B1")
%RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME% is an array of length 2. The formatting string should be improved to handle releases with multiple formats.

Another question:

Why is the fine component creating a 5CD release, when it is actually a 3CD release?
(Trackcounting is freshly started for CD4 and CD5 which do not exist.)

The component can't parse track positions like "3-09 (a)". This is either a misuse of track positions OR a case where Discogs' track positions are not well defined and so they can't be parsed reliably and some obscure cases will be missed.

• fuffi
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2511
Thank you,
I will try modifying the formatting string.

meanwhile, another question:
it seems legal to use no separator for artists, like in this release but the result after writing the tags to the file is not very convenient. (we could use a script "Skip multiple artist fields", but SPACE is a bad separator for names.

Is there any way to tell the component (or the formatting string for artist) to seperate with ";" and not SPACE so that we have multiple artists, not just one single string?

So that
artist1 artist2 artist3
will be
artist1; artist2; artist3

After reading the "foo_discogs_help.html" I'm not sure about the $joinnames function. It seems, there must be a fix number of join fields?

$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($unique($array($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$joinnames(%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_JOIN>%))),' / '))
  • Last Edit: 10 October, 2017, 04:19:48 PM by fuffi

• zoomorph
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #2512
it seems legal to use no separator for artists, like in this release but the result after writing the tags to the file is not very convenient. (we could use a script "Skip multiple artist fields", but SPACE is a bad separator for names.

Is there any way to tell the component (or the formatting string for artist) to seperate with ";" and not SPACE so that we have multiple artists, not just one single string?

So that
artist1 artist2 artist3
will be
artist1; artist2; artist3

After reading the "foo_discogs_help.html" I'm not sure about the $joinnames function. It seems, there must be a fix number of join fields?
The join field is not supposed to be empty as per Discogs guideline 2.6.1.

I suppose you could change your formatting string to replace empty join fields with a default such as "," or ";" if this was a big problem. Personally I would probably just update this release on the database.