Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Clicking on tabs in album list does nothing (Read 441 times) previous topic - next topic

Clicking on tabs in album list does nothing

I'm probably gonna feel stupid for asking for help with this, but I'm pretty new to foobar and don't really know what I'm doing yet. Anyway, foobar was accidentally reset on my computer, so I've been re-adding files into my library. However, when I open my album list and highlight a certain artist or album, it does not take me directly to that artist as it was doing earlier.
Here's what I'm seeing right now. As you can see, I have GY!BE highlighted, but I can still scroll through my entire playlist. It doesn't narrow the window down to just the one artist or album I'm trying to select. If I highlight an album it'll bring up the cover art, but nothing else.
I'm sure the mistake I'm making is super evident to anyone who uses this program, like maybe I'm doing something wrong with my playlists or need to check something off, I don't know. Help me out?

Re: Clicking on tabs in album list does nothing

Reply #1
Preferences -> Media Library -> Library viewer selection playlist. Media library viewers have never narrowed the scope of the active playlist, only this one special playlist, and it is no longer enabled by default. They can, however, send items to the current playlist, but that's probably not what you want.

Re: Clicking on tabs in album list does nothing

Reply #2
Ah, so I did have to check off something after all. I didn't realize it wasn't checked by default this time. Thanks for helping out!