Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar driving me nuts: hwy does it always open MP4 video files??????? (Read 1218 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar driving me nuts: hwy does it always open MP4 video files???????

I have set Windows 10 to open MP4 in Light Alloy, which actually CAN display videos. Then changed it to VLC, with foobar still stubbornly opening the MP4 files, without video. Then i have EXCLUDED MP4 in various setiings to NOT OPEN MP4 FILES!

But this incredibly stupid program refuses to leave my MP4 files alone, when i click them. What's wrong with this program? Sorry, but i really start to hate it. Any solutions for this messed up bug?

Re: Foobar driving me nuts: hwy does it always open MP4 video files???????

Reply #1
Have you tried disabling Preferences > Shell Integration | Register supported file formats at startup?

Personally i would change the extension of video mp4's to m4v and any audio only mp4's to m4a.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Re: Foobar driving me nuts: hwy does it always open MP4 video files???????

Reply #2
I've never had this problem. I have foobar associated with everything it supports EXCEPT mp4. I have "media player classic - black edition" assigned to open mp4 files and it works fine.