Skip to main content

Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (Read 466 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point
Hi,

I've installed those two components but my device is not showing up in Output device selection.
I've tried the complete and the portable installation that didn't help.
 The device is the Arcam Solo Music and it is showing up in Windows 10 media network devices so I don't know what could possibly go wrong .

Would you have any advice, please ?
  • Last Edit: 02 October, 2017, 07:45:28 AM by saulgoodman

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output / UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point
Reply #1
Up

Please ...
Can't believe I'm stuck with that, a 1300€ DLNA Amp' that doesn't appear on output devices ... Anyone could help me please ?

• Peter
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, unfortunately these things happen, even the high end expensive audio systems often have annoyingly buggy firmware, in fact most of them (from my first-hand experience) have significant amount of bugs.

This is probably obvious, but just to be sure - is foobar2000 not blocked by any firewall software, etc?

Does foobar2000's UPnP output discover other renderers - such as BubbleUPnP (free version) running on a phone?

Can you please install wireshark link, produce logs of foobar2000 starting up and trying to discover your device, and email them to admin@foobar2000.org for analysis?

Thanks.

Reply #3
Hi, thanx a lot for your feedback.
Foobar2k is not blocked by any firewall and it does discover BubbleUPnP ( here on my Sony Tablet)

I'll do that scan and post it to your adress.

Again, thant you, I'm sorry to feel like I'm pressing on here, it's just that I'm eager to use Foobar in all it's glory :)

Edit : I just have absolutly no idea on how to use Wireshark so I'll just need some time to understand it :)
  • Last Edit: 07 October, 2017, 08:23:18 AM by saulgoodman

Reply #4
I must had that The Arcam Solo IS visible here on :

View>UPnP Controler>Open Device

• Peter
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5
Just a heads-up: thanks for the logs, I've got them, I'll look into them shortly.

Reply #6
Oh, Thank you very much Peter