Skip to main content

Topic: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 41448 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fairy
  • [*][*][*]
Re: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000
Reply #100
Well I tested with my denon mic. Turns out that after EQ'ing everything sounds flat, no life in it. Low notes sound like they are EQ'ed out, not pleasurable to listen to, very "cold" sound.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. In the examples you see the lows in the graph fade out to the  unhearable range. In my measurements they are quite high even in de 20hz range.

When I turn the slider up to the point the lows are unaffected (quite high) it restores, but it also gets back more to the original tone of the setup, so I think I am eliminating a part of the calibration I just done.
Also i put the mic on a one-foot tripod at ear height and put the children to bed (that helps a lot!)

Is there someone with a little more experience that can help me out?

At this moment I am already getting more pleasant result by playing with the settings, but it's quite difficult. Maybe there are some tips or do & don'ts to consider :)
  • Last Edit: 04 May, 2017, 02:11:30 PM by Fairy

• Fairy
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #101
I'm getting the hang of it....

This plugin is fantastic  :o  :o  :))  :))

I thought I had tuned my set quite good. After turning off the plugin, everything seems more boomy. Also the highs are much more dampened.
Love this thing. Soon I'm getting myself a good measurement microphone. Only need to find out now how to import the calibration file in this tool... I have no idea yet.
  • Last Edit: 04 May, 2017, 03:42:15 PM by Fairy

• GeSomeone
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #102
Interesting, what about a VST multichannels version?
You can use multiple instances of Room EQ VST in your DAW.
That is obviously not the case in foobar2000, which is OK by me. I just have a question about it.
I just started using the Room EQ plugin in foobar2000 in combination with a 5.1 channel setup. No problem, I'd like to know if Room EQ in this situation only affects the front L+R channels?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

• Fairy
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #103
I'm getting the hang of it....

This plugin is fantastic  :o  :o  :))  :))

I thought I had tuned my set quite good. After turning off the plugin, everything seems more boomy. Also the highs are much more dampened.
Love this thing. Soon I'm getting myself a good measurement microphone. Only need to find out now how to import the calibration file in this tool... I have no idea yet.

A little update. I did use a calibrated mic short after my post, but found that the sound after calibration was still not quite how I like it after listening more thoroughly to it. The boomyness was fixed by putting the outer rings of the bongs into my CM10 s2 speakers. It fixed that perfectly.

After trying with and without calibration it somehow not quite satisfies me. Maybe I like the signature of the B&W speakers the way they are, but then again calibrated should be de point to start. Tried many different settings but still I miss something. The low end is a bit too suppressed. Maybe this comes from a slight hum from my aquarium pumps (50hz). I don't know if they influence the measurement? It's barely noticable, but to a microphone maybe more??

Are there any suggestions or alternatives to this to fool around with?
  • Last Edit: 10 October, 2017, 10:19:49 AM by Fairy