Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to Output to FLAC (Read 670 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to Output to FLAC

I have installed Foobar2000 1.5.5 and it will not see the flac.exe files. I have downloaded and installed all the components, they are visible in Windows, yet Foobar keeps asking for FLAC version 1.2 or higher. I have even manually placed the FLAC.exe  in the programs(86),the foobar,and program files directories to no avail. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled and still no dice.
If I cannot get an answer I may to to go with another program even though I like all that I see if I could just get it to work. I am running Windows 7 and had no problems with other programs until EAC did an upgrade and no longer works like it used to. If anybody has an idea as to wht I can do I would really appreciate this as it is driving me nuts at this point. Thanks in advance!

Re: Unable to Output to FLAC

Reply #1
I assume by "output to FLAC" you mean convert files to FLAC.  Flac.exe should be placed in the Foobar2000/encoders folder.  If you download and install the free encoder pack (https://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack), pointing it at your foobar2000 folder during the install it will place everything you need in the right place.

Reply #2
And if for some reason foobar2000 still asks, just point it to the location where you put the FLAC.EXE file.

You'll need to provide more information about the EAC problem for someone to help.

Reply #3
You should create a new topic in the [CD Hardware/Software] board to provide more information about the EAC problem.
korth

Reply #4
Hey guys, thanks for the quick response. I finally have it working but it is not finding the album art. What I am I missing? I have tried with cd's I used earlier with no issues with EAC. Is there something else I need to download or purchase  to get album art?
Or do I have to use a tag editor after the fact to find the album art. Just trying to figure this out. It is ripping so I am about to test the results to see how well the output is. Thanks for any help in advance. I love what I am seeing so far. It appears to be a very in depth program, and will do more than I need it to Have a great and safe day!