Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: some develop problme about flac-1.1.3? (Read 3609 times) previous topic - next topic

some develop problme about flac-1.1.3?

i download flac-1.1.3.src
watch the change log,  it is good news that  intergrate 3 layer decode api  into  one layer.
but it  DEPANDs  on the ogg lib now,  i try  it  build a plugin for beep-media-player on linux
the plugin just seems like the xmms's plugin.
when i build plugin with 1.1.2's api,  it compile smoothly,  and bmp decoder flac file well, but when i updat flac lib to 1.1.3,  and change the plugin's  api, when compile  it complain errors about oggs
i am really disappointed to it, and remove the 1.1.3.

flac  on the way lossless, but it  depend a lossy format's lib,  i sounds not good.

i also try  build the flac-1.1.3 on windows' msvc , and the README tell me that, it also need the ogglib.

then i download win_dev lib to build, when i compile a tool  (about flac's little toy),  it compiled ok with dynamic, but when  run it need the libflac.dll,
when i build the tool with libflac_static.lib,  it complain like that:
unresolved extern symbol __imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_get_state
...................  __imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_porcess_single

how can  i build the tool with static lib ??

Reply #1
I don't completely understand what you mean (your post is not very clear).

The oggflac and flac api have been merged, so it makes sense that it depends on libogg. (EDIT: accidentally said libvorbis)

I recommend you attach the sourcecode and make a better post if you want help.

Reply #2
flac  on the way lossless, but it  depend a lossy format's lib,  i sounds not good.

Ogg is a container format. Ogg Vorbis is a Vorbis stream encapsulated in Ogg, Ogg FLAC is a FLAC stream enwrapped in an Ogg container.

Edit.
By the way, there is Google Translate, which may help you to translate from your native language into English.

Reply #3
on windows with msvc, you can build without Ogg support by removing any /D "FLAC__HAS_OGG" defines in the .dsp files.

edit: also remove all occurrences of ..\..\obj\release\lib\ogg_static.lib from the .dsp files and references to ogg_*.c in src/libFLAC/*.dsp

the API is also simplified from 1.1.2, see the porting guide