Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cut multiple WAV files based on CUE files (Read 17500 times) previous topic - next topic

Cut multiple WAV files based on CUE files

Do you guys know some tool other than fb2k that can load multiple WAV+CUE files and cut them including the pregaps? The program should act exactly the same as EAC and its "Split WAV By CUE Sheet With Gaps Corrected" function, but should allow processing of multiple files. I would like to do this over the night and having to load each WAV+CUE file manually in EAC and wait for the splitting to finish in order to load the next file is too much hassle.

Reply #1
That's probably going to involve new development (fb2k actually can't do what you're asking).

Are you sure you really want to put gaps before tracks?  Are you doing this mainly because you don't want to lose the HTOA if it exists?

I can make up a script that will alter a CUE sheet that can be used to trick fb2k into cutting the tracks as you desire.  I can then make another script that will create corrected gaps cues from single file cues, just as I've done to make NC cues.  Will this help you?

Reply #2
I want to put gaps before tracks because I have several live CDs that have non-silent pre-gaps. What I meant with foobar2000 is that you can drag the CUE files and then use the converter to write WAV, MP3 or whatever files. If I drag and drop "Pink Floyd - The Wall (Disc 1).cue" and "Pink Floyd - The Wall (Disc 2).cue" on fb2k, the playlist is populated and I can see each track. Then I select WAV as output format for the converter and convert to the same directory. fb2k then creates a WAV for each file.

BTW, in case this isn't clear - I am not talking about CUE sheets that refer to multiple files. I have one CUE file per WAV file (and vice versa) and need to split 50 albums.

Reply #3
You were clear about splitting images into separate tracks with gaps prepended using a single file CUE and getting back a CUE with corrected gaps in addition to the split tracks.  My suggestion to modify the single file CUE so that fb2k will cut before the gaps rather than after them will work, and I can also get you a correct cue for the split files as well (just like what EAC would do).

IMO, prepending gaps is not a good idea, especially when the gaps aren't silent.  Do you really want the end of one song at the beginning of the next?

I know that people like it when introductions to a song are provided before the song on live albums, but how often does this really happen?  I honestly don't know the answer.

Moitah's tool should do what you're looking for as well, but I don't think you can run it unattended.

Reply #4
That's exactly why I want to have it pre-pended - I have some albums where the band is introducing a song and this introduction is stored in the pre-gap of the song they are talking about. Also, isn't it called "pre-gap"?

Reply #5
Also, isn't it called "pre-gap"?
It's whatever you want to call it.  If you look up the term at wikipedia, you'll see that it isn't consistent with how Andre uses it.

EDIT: Whatever caused me to think this didn't come from wikipedia.  Now I'm wondering where I read this...

Reply #7
Like I said earlier, Moitah's program and EAC will do what you want but won't do so unattended (at least EAC won't).

fb2k will only cut after pregaps () but you can feed it a modified CUE so that it will cut before pregaps, which is what I'm proposing.

Example:
Code: [Select]
Track 01
  INDEX 01 00:00:00
Track 02
  INDEX 00 03:00:00
  INDEX 01 03:02:00
Track 03
  INDEX 00 06:00:00
  INDEX 01 06:17:32

would be changed to:
Track 01
Track 02
  INDEX 01 03:00:00
Track 03
  INDEX 01 06:00:00

Then another script would be used to generate the proper corrected gaps CUE for separate tracks which will be exactly the same as what you would get had you used EAC.

Reply #9
On the topic of splitting WAVs via CUE...

I've got a disc, Songs in the Key of X, that has a whole extra song hidden in the pregap of Track 1. To extract it, I either have to have EAC "Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet" or "Test & Copy Selected Tracks" with gaps appended to "Next Track", (I opted for this one to get the CRC check).

Now here's the dilemma: once I have the CUE and the WAVs extracted, is there a program that will let me choose precisely how the WAVs are split? For example, I'd like to split TRACK 01 into two different files: INDEX 00 (the hidden song) and INDEX 01 (the song on the tracklist); and with the other pregaps on the disc, I'd like them appended to the previous track (so there's no silence waiting for a song to start). Since the disc was extracted with gaps appended to the Next Track, this can get kind of messy...

What I've been doing is using EAC to split any Track with a pregap into two WAV files, and then appending the gap to the proper file with EAC's wav editor as needed. It gets the job done, but I just thought I'd check and make sure there's not an easier way...

I have tried CUE Tools and CUE Splitter, but AFIAK, each gap/track will be handled the same way depending on your settings.

Reply #10
On the topic of splitting WAVs via CUE...

I've got a disc, Songs in the Key of X, that has a whole extra song hidden in the pregap of Track 1.

Actually, there are two hidden songs before track 1.  You'll have to cut them in an editor.

Reply #11
To extract it, I either have to have EAC "Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet" or "Test & Copy Selected Tracks" with gaps appended to "Next Track", (I opted for this one to get the CRC check).

There is a third option (which I prefer):

1. Detect gaps (F4)
2. Select the first track
3. Action>Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based
4. Keep only the 01.00 file and delete the rest created by this process.

This works well in combination with ripping tracks with gaps appended to the previous track.

To keep everything together, I simply modify the noncompliant CUE sheet to include the 01.00 track.

Example:
FILE "01.00 - hidden track.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
FILE "01 - track01.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 XX:XX:XX
FILE "02 - track02.wav" WAVE

EDIT: And if you're concerned about test and copy, you can always extract the 01.00 index twice and compare the results.